197/200 Racer engines

What (if any) differences do the race cars have engine wise compared to normal road cars? Was anything done internally?

Thanks for that, although it seems to mainly have info about the R3 rally car instead of the Cup race cars

Cup racers aren't that special, i do know someone who races with it but no idea if he has any indepth info on the engine.

could drop a line for you though :smile:

Engine is sealed, they are bone stock internally.
Exhaust manifold has I am told the pre-cat gutted, and of course they have a different exhaust system and the V6 airbox too. Along with a different ECU they make a bit more power but absolutley nothing special the engine at all.
R3 Maxi (230) is a decent spec but nothing wild, basically a forged engine with cams and tubular manifold. It's the R3 Maxi Evo (250) which is much more all-out, has revised engine geometry (short stroke crank, longer rods, bigger bore) and also solid tappets in a nutshell. Bunch of other bits like oil pump etc.

Exhaust manifold has I am told the pre-cat gutted, and of course they have a different exhaust system and the V6 airbox too. Along with a different ECU they make a bit more power but absolutley nothing special the engine at all.
R3 Maxi (230) is a decent spec but nothing wild, basically a forged engine with cams and tubular manifold. It's the R3 Maxi Evo (250) which is much more all-out, has revised engine geometry (short stroke crank, longer rods, bigger bore) and also solid tappets in a nutshell. Bunch of other bits like oil pump etc.

Thanks for the reply Rich, all the info I required! :smile:

Cup raceres also have slightly different inlet manifold to match cable throttle body and arp con-rod bolts, they're blueprinted as well.