197/200 crossover

930Tech

CLIO CUP groupee.
Platinum Member
i've got an 09 197 registed in late march and (from another thread) i have a flip out key that they use on the 200's.

I was just wondering if they might have used any of the other upgrade parts they fitted to the 200's. the steering rack, mapping etc.

I've not driven a 200 so i dont know but it feels quite grunty/tourqey low down in the revs and the steering (to me) is excellent so it got me thinking.

They must have been testing this kind of stuff out at around the time these last cars were built.

You might be lucky enough to have a 200 dressed as a 197. Some people would say that's the best of both worlds but we all know the 200 looks better lol.

You might be lucky enough to have a 200 dressed as a 197. Some people would say that's the best of both worlds but we all know the 200 looks better lol.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::shout::shout::shout: 200 better

I had one of the first 200 cups on the road back in june 2009 and it was different compared to later cups. It had lights in the window switches, front tweeters fitted and also had fog lights fitted in the front bumper but had blanks fitted over the front of them. However it felt a little less responsive than my current 200 and I could also get 35-40 mpg on long drives. Im lucky to see 30 now.

I wondered if my cup was just a 197 with 200 panels and rack.

surely both cups (197 and 200) came without fogs? so if it was a cup it wouldnt of had fogs either way?

And if they could be spec'd, why would they already be behind the blanks =S

And if they could be spec'd, why would they already be behind the blanks =S

Why I said it like that matey

Because I'm sure when you spec something they add it to the car they don't have it already there