19.06.10 - Rolling Road Result...

Willis

The Gatekeeper
Platinum Member
I took a trip up to The Speed Factory in Chorley today with some of the other members of Zero260 (NW based performance car/bike club) to christen their new, climate controlled, no expense spared, Dastek 4WD Dynamometer... It's a brand new facility that officially opens it's doors on Monday, so anybody local that needs anything doing from a service to a respray or competition preparation then give me a shout and I'll PM you Gav's number as they don't have the website running yet.

My car is fitted with the ITG Panel Filter.

I'm chuffed with the results, they are as follows;

Run 1:

Max. Power - Wheels = 156.4BHP @ 6853RPM
Max. Power - Engine = 193.5BHP @ 7217RPM
Max. Torque = 153.8lbft @ 5731RPM

Run 2:

Max. Power - Wheels = 158.3BHP @ 7082RPM
Max. Power - Engine = 192.4BHP @ 7213RPM
Max. Torque = 151.8lbft @ 5679RPM

It's cool you've got somewhere you can measure power and torque, I like stats. What spec car do you have, and how old is it? Also have you measured the 0-60 (62) time? [I'm not saying power and 0-60 time means how good a car is etc, but it is nice to know]. Also did you get the power at wheels, and engine at various revs ... could plot a graph : )
Do you have results for anyone else - car and max power?

An ITG panel filter is a ITG branded replacement air filter for the standard air box that is fitted to the car. You just remove the old standard paper panel filter from the air box as it is from the factory and replace it directly for this filter. The ITG filter is made from a coated foam and allows a greater air flow through the air box and thus makes the engine 'breath' easier and perform better. Other panel filters from different brands such as K & N are available and do a similar thing. However, ITG test all their filters on every car they design one for, so are highly recommended and they are british too.

It really is a great facility up there, luckily I know the owner too!!! If anybody's up for an RR day then I'll see what I can arrange?

I do have the graphs, but I've not had a chance to scan them onto the laptop yet, I'll do it next time I'm at my parents and pop them up on here.

She's an '07 197 with just about 32,000 Miles on the clock. Full Renault Service History, she's been serviced on time every time since new so I guess that helps keep everything in good working order too. The only mod' I've made is that ITG and it was well worth the money. As Arran says, it allows for better air flow, but I've also noticed an increase in MPG as an added bonus.

My dads new Impreza WRXS only managed 245.5BHP, but it's only just covered 500 Miles so it's nowhere near loosened up yet. It's going back on in a few months for another run after it's had it's first service and an ITG fitted. Star of the show went to one of the lads Starlet GT that hit 278.8BHP and then started wheelspinning. There was four people sat in it to try an weigh it down, but it still wouldn't stay on the rollers. My mate Kev has a Corsa VXR with an ITG and a Remus Backbox, that recorded 228.6BHP, a very healthy increase on it's standard output!!!

The highest figure of the day went to an Impreza Type RA - 382.0BHP.

Last edited: