Yiannis' Albi Blue R27 - Toning down...

Nice choice with the exhaust

I've banged a 200 diffuser on mine, don't really like it but didn't want to chop a 1k system with a years warranty!

I bought some some tapered tips from piper, they fit the standard diameter of the arakpovic tailpipes perfectly but need either the arakpovic tips shortening or the piper tips modding. Only £50 for the pair.

Whats the reason for the new centre section?

I know exactly what you are saying gaz.

Visible exhaust tips serve a more ''boy racer'' look, on the contrary when the exhaust tips are hidden the diffuser look wider. On the other hand - as you said - I can't bring myself to chop it! And what if something goes wrong and I ruin the most expensive bit of the exhaust? And to make things more difficult I did think to fit a 200 diffuser but my 197 one is carbon and looks awesome! Damn I really don't know what to do here! I shouldn't have bought the Akrapovic in the first place lol

The guy I got the exhaust from drove over a tall speedbump and scraped the middle silencer a bit (it is cylindrical as you know and not flat like the stock one so it sits a bit lower). In the beginning it was all fine but after 3 months it started rattling from the inside, I believe the baffles are now gone. They let Akrapovic know and they authorize a replacement which is now sitting in my living room:smile:

A question gaz, do I need the tips you mentioned if I want to fit a 200 diffuser? I thought it was a straight fit.

Last edited:
if you look really hard

AD32F893-8CE7-4F55-BE3D-308F4448E764_zpsse1vswgx.jpg

the tailpipes will clear the diffuser, they just look a bit ghey. Tbh once they are dirty you can't really see them. Still think I might mod mine to look o.e once the guarantee expires.

The after pic, not a fan tbh

48F4E8B5-C97B-4175-9967-31D709841DB6_zps1ljgvwu8.jpg

9DA212AE-52AB-40B5-9432-56166567B529_zpsvbufavyq.jpg

Last edited:
That looks nice, not ideal but nice, I wouldn't mind that. So this is the fitment with the Akrapovic only right? I'm fitting the middle section tomorrow and I'll def remove the tips BenW did for his.

I might buy the piper ends (the ones that look like the 197 ones) and do some cutting and pasting. There is no warranty for me anyway (second buyer) so I might just go for it.

Your ''dirty'' GW looks the business btw:wink:

Yeah I ran the akrapovic with my 197 diffuser for a month or so first whilst trying to source the 200 diffuser. No issues at all, other than the spindly tailpipes slightly protruding

Youll love it I'm sure, no droning and any noise can be driven around so you can cruise at pretty much o.e sound levels. One thing that will get addictive is the pops/bangs, it brings many a wry smile :wink:

Oh and that pic was taken a month or so ago outside my mums, not washed sice then, it's absolutely hanging now!

Ill grab you some pics of the tips I have tomorrow, might give you an idea

Yes indeed, I have to admit that when I lifted the concrete pylon I was seriously surprised that I got away with it so lightly...

Anyway, a quick one, I suppose this is not OEM is it?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/350818709333?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

I might have to send Karl an email..

they are depo replica lights. They are fine but I may not match exactly so would need a pair making it cheaper to buy one OEM one. Are yours projectors or xenons from factory?

Got the Akrapovic fitted this morning. I took off the cheap and nasty tips Ben did for his (which btw were heavier than the middle section lol) and left it as it is. Plan is to get the piper angle cut tips, chop the Akrapovic and fit them at the back achieving the original 197 look. Now if I decide to sell the system in the future then so be it.

Really impressed with it I have to say, 100% spot on fitment, no flatspots, and no droning at all which is such a great win for me. The guys do know how to make exhausts that's for sure, you are cruising along and there is nothing happening, floor it and hell breaks loose, pops in the overrun, nice and purposefully deep idle BOOM such a great story.

The car feels more responsive now, there definitely have been some gains, mostly on mid range. I don't know about peak power, it feels better but it might just be a placebo. I'll take it to K-tec for the crackle map anyway so I'll have it dyno'd out of curiosity.

Some crappy iphone pics

11582499505_33faae225a_b.jpg
Untitled by YiannisR27, on Flickr
11582709843_31b404a009_b.jpg
11582835154_1fc4950456_b.jpg
11582716873_60235bd85a_b.jpg
11583304386_4cb83f682b_b.jpg
11582723703_0c1f54aba6_b.jpg
11582848694_8d8b9aefa8_b.jpg
11582852404_3e44090e21_b.jpg
11582735043_1e8b1f8075_b.jpg
11582860374_4058c2efa0_b.jpg

Reactions: Jim_
Excellent

sums up my feelings too

not sure id go for the crackle map if it was me though, might end up damaging the baffles in the long run?

here we go

BEE956F7-48D1-4C67-85B8-ABDA365A5D26_zpsfknlmxkj.jpg

looking at it quickly I think the bit which slips over the original akrapovic pipe and clamps down will need cutting in half, then a few inches chopping off the akrapovic pipes.

Gaz this is win mate, looking forward to the end result. I might have to send them to be powder coated black prior to fitting them.

Interesting what you said about the crackle map, I'll have to look into it.

Nice exhaust yiannis.. I'm sad for the bonnet damage..
thanks for map sensor link, i've just inform many friends to do that mod... :wink:

How soon you looking at potentially modding the tips?

I really dislike my 200 diffuser, so going to swap it over and run it like yours short term!

Actually you know what Gaz? This look has started growing on me, the exhaust ends are not that visible from all angles but when you look at them they look a bit racey and purposeful given that they are discreet, their diameter is small and not super wide suggesting a boy racer look.

I quite like that tbh, not at first but it's def growing on me so tbh I'm not planning to do anything atm.

But yes, get rid of that 200 diffuser mate, fit the proper one back on:wink:

Booked in for mapping for the 27th of Jan@Rs Tuning. I'm looking forward to comparing figures and maps...

Any member around the area free on the 27th then??

Booked in for mapping for the 27th of Jan@Rs Tuning. I'm looking forward to comparing figures and maps...

Any member around the area free on the 27th then??

If you fancy a quick spin out over the moors to test your map out i could be free,It's just under a hour to get to the meeting point from Leeds.