Will a 200 exhaust fit straight onto my r27 197?

As title i have a rubbish rattle on my stock 197 exhaust and have opportunity to purchase an aftermarket one off a member on here selling it off of his rs200. So my question is will it fit directly onto my car?
As always appreciate any help

Definitely the exhaust? I thought mine was an exhaust rattle...changed that, still there. Manifold then was the likely one, nope. It's a heat shield. :sweatsmile:

Yes the system is the exact same between the 200 and the 197 but the 2 exit pipes may not go out through the diffuser on the 197 perfectly although I have fitted an Akrapovic back box on my 197 that I got from Eddie but it has modified exit pipes they point down a little by about 5 degrees you might be able to fit the renaultsport exhaust trims or similar to hide or extend the tail pipes but that's down to the exhaust you buy. Where is the rattle coming from as there is not point changing everthing to find somrthing else is the problem it could be a stone in the diffuser heat shield or the exhaust touching it.
upload_2017-8-26_2-14-1.pngupload_2017-8-26_2-40-18.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-8-26_2-17-34.png
    upload_2017-8-26_2-17-34.png
    237.5 KB · Views: 13
Reactions: sevenfourate
Its been in to bucks renault and they found and fixed loose heatshield and a part of diffuser but rattle renains coming from exhaust baffles in their opinion. They seemed good to deal with and knew their stuff so im happy to go with their diagnosis. Ok so the tips might not poke through the 197 diffuser is the problem.then which i guess can't tell until exhaust is fitted. Hmmmm. Okay somethibg to think about then!

where about are you as there is 2 systems very cheap on eBay as for me I have 3 back boxes at the start thinking they were as bad as 172 back boxes I was expecting them to fall apart after 2-3 years so I have a brand new 197 back box and 2 used ones and I will be at Silverstone next weekend.
The new one:
upload_2017-8-26_16-42-32.png

and what they look like inside if you are going to fix yours
upload_2017-8-26_16-43-25.png

Reactions: sevenfourate
where about are you as there is 2 systems very cheap on eBay as for me I have 3 back boxes at the start thinking they were as bad as 172 back boxes I was expecting them to fall apart after 2-3 years so I have a brand new 197 back box and 2 used ones and I will be at Silverstone next weekend.
The new one:
View attachment 112896

and what they look like inside if you are going to fix yours
View attachment 112897
Hi mate im based nr Aylesbury in Buckinghamshire. The guys at the garage said it was the midsection apparently. Im not 1 bit mechanical so id have no idea

I think the middle section is under £175 brand new genuine Renault the CAT will need transferred over there is two full systems for sale the middle section is the same for both one Chorley (197) and the other Bury St Edmunds (200) for less than £60 your going to need two clamps as well if your exhaust has not been cut yet. Buying a used middle part you need to make sure it is cut in the right places. For that money it's worth driving to collect it some after market performance systems use different diameter pipe work so it's a pain matching in as you will need clamps that step up a size or down a size. Large circle is what you need and the small circle is the cat you can transfer yours but the one is already fitted so no need. This one is the St Edmunds one its a 200 system so if you want to get a 200 diffuser you have the back box to match it.
upload_2017-8-26_23-48-46.png

Reactions: Dan Stone
I think the middle section is under £175 brand new genuine Renault the CAT will need transferred over there is two full systems for sale the middle section is the same for both one Chorley (197) and the other Bury St Edmunds (200) for less than £60 your going to need two clamps as well if your exhaust has not been cut yet. Buying a used middle part you need to make sure it is cut in the right places. For that money it's worth driving to collect it some after market performance systems use different diameter pipe work so it's a pain matching in as you will need clamps that step up a size or down a size. Large circle is what you need and the small circle is the cat you can transfer yours but the one is already fitted so no need. This one is the St Edmunds one its a 200 system so if you want to get a 200 diffuser you have the back box to match it.
View attachment 112924
Where are you finding these bud? Done a load of searches cant find them! Appreciate the help

EBay "Clio 197 exhaust" then tick the box "used" most used items will be genuine items but I must admit eBay has a terrible search system it tries to pass off Clio 172 and 182 items as "(Fits: Clio 2.0 16V Sport) which is a complete load of crap and other tubes selling absolute rubbish leather seat covers when you search "Renault Recaro" and there are 100's of listings under different names of the same items that have nothing to do with Recaro EBay should ban them or give better filtering to block that kind of crap.
upload_2017-8-27_11-5-44.png
Hundreds of these listings mixed in the search is pointless and most people give up looking and as for things like alloy wheels they show 4 stud wheels for 197's when a 197 has 5 stud wheel pattern.

Reactions: Dan Stone