Wider pedals

Has anyone ever installed wider pedals?

I have found that when heel and toeing sometimes, my foot can sometimes slip off the brake which can be pretty scary when you're pressing on :blush:mg:. I bought some Puma Speedcats yesterday, and now HnT is even harder due to them having very narrow soles. I reckon if the brake pedal was 1/2" wider it would be perfect.

If you are doing true heal and toe then this can not happen as your toe pivots on the brake pedal and your heal touches the accelerator.

Are you rolling the right side of your foot onto accelerator or proper heal and toe. ?

I have in other cars where the pedal gap is much much wider you can just grab the accelerator and bend it more towards the brake pedal.

I couldn't agree more, that would be really useful! I'd have thought they're not wider out of the factory because the whole point of making the pedals wider would be to make it easier to press two pedals at once which, in normal driving, could be dangerous in itself. The awkward moment when you stab at the brake and get the go pedal aswell!

There isn't enough room down there for me to HnT in the traditional sense, my knee gets caught/stuck on the underside of the steering column so I have to compromise.

Matt, have you even seen the pedals on a Saxo or Caterham? You can press all 3 if you're not careful :tongueout:

I haven't actually! I can't do 'proper' H&T, I just end up stabbing the brake too hard for road driving, and I find the edge of your foot method works just as well on the road asyou don't need to brake so hard as on a track!

Also, on an unrelated note, Deadmau5 is the shiz. I saw him at L.E.D. last year, strobe must be my fav song of all time :smile:

Yeah, it takes a bit of getting used to. I find it easier the faster you're going because when the revs are low, it's really difficult to get the blip right because it's so unresponsive, I usually under rev or over rev.

Haha I agree. I was there as well, his light show was awesome!

Demon Tweeks have several extension sets, but you probably just need the one - to bring the throttle pedal a bit closer to the brake pedal.

I'm 6ft 2 and I manage to HnT in the Clio, if I can you can. Need to adjust your technique or maybe your seat.

I'm 6ft 2 and I manage to HnT in the Clio, if I can you can. Need to adjust your technique or maybe your seat.

I'm 6'4" :bat:

Yeah I think it was my technique. I never really looked at my feet position before, but I used to put my right foot inbetween the brake and accelerator. I've started putting it in line with the accelerator. Feels weird at first but I'm getting used to it.