Which is the standard 197 cd radio?

Hope someone can help,

I have an 08 clio 197 which has had a BAD sony player installed incorrectly. The steering controls do not work or the dash display.
I'm looking to put the original back in, but which cd radio is it? All the info I have is that it is a standard single cd player with steering controls and dash display.
Is this it?

Cheers in advance.

yep same here - mine didnt have the rear speakers either - so deffo bogo standard

first you have to determine which display you have, I know there are 4 diferrent types of displays, and not each radio will work with all of them,

if you have a single line "calculator-like" display than this radio shown on the picture will work, the "DISPLAY-MP3" radio has a different display which is more a graphic lcd-tft, then at some point the renault has put a 3 or 4 line calculator-like lcd and then with the facelift a full lcd tft again......

so I guess you 'd be best off by checking your VIN at renault to find out which radio you had as standard.

I just happen to know all this as at the time I am trying to locate a bluetooth radio for my 197 - best of a 200 tbh, and had to study all about them radios and displays combos,

I know I tried my not standard ( no aux-in capability ), but not yet "display mp3" radio - wanted to try it out in my 2003 renault megane, and even though the display is the same it didnt work...

ok so the standard there is a "tuner list"
then some cars got the "update list" - these can have a cd changer fitted - or aux-in
then a paid extra was the mp3 radio - "display mp3"
and another paid extra the cabasse,

possible that all of them have different displays as my clio update list radio did not work with the display in a megane that had a tuner list radio fitted originally,

Thanks for the reply. Got one for £60 out of a 2007 plate. 'update list' 'expert'. Display works fine, except there is no outside air temp? not sure if that was there to begin with?

How do you tell the difference between the 6cd and standard radio?

6 cd has six number buttons in a row, each with a little orange light above it, as my super detailed picture below demonstrates :smile:
-__-__-__-__-__-_
----------------------
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
----------------------

Last edited:
6 cd has six number buttons in a row, each with a little orange light above it, as my super detailed picture below demonstrates :smile:
-__-__-__-__-__-_
----------------------
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
----------------------

So the pic at the start of the topic is the standard? Thats the one I've got. Strangely there is a 6cd option on menu but you cant load a cd into more than one cd section ie cd 3.
Had 6cd on my 1st 197 but cant remember what it looked like.
Also for some reason if you change to cd from radio you need to remove the cd and put back in before it'll actually play.