What's your driving position?

I'm in the; ''Quite upright, low as possible, arms slightly bent, clutch leg slightly bent'' camp too. :wink:

I don't go for the ghetto-rider look. I prefer to be sit like a BTCC/Rally driver and be able to reach everything I might need to and have sufficient back support for when I try and test how many Gs I can generate in Wales/on track/under braking/around roundabouts...

it's important to know how tall we are and if we have the optional in and out wheel? Wothout these all the comment are not useful:wink:

I'm in the; ''Quite upright, low as possible, arms slightly bent, clutch leg slightly bent'' camp too. :wink:

+1 :thumbup:

In the Recaro seats this kind of seating looks funny because the top of the seat is a bit bent and the seat looks like it's too far upfront. :smiley:

it's important to know how tall we are and if we have the optional in and out wheel? Wothout these all the comment are not useful:wink:

I'm 5'8'', adustable wheel set in the middle height position and about middle in the ''out'' position.

+1 :thumbup:

In the Recaro seats this kind of seating looks funny because the top of the seat is a bit bent and the seat looks like it's too far upfront. :smiley:

You should see me in the truck at work, I look like a midget because I have the seat set to the same position as in the car!!! :smiley:

Also, what shoes do people drive in? Any preference? Different on track?

I have mine virtually up right, and the seat height one up from bottom. Leg is straight when clutch fully depressed

01102412.jpg

But they're now pretty worn out...will be looking for a replacement in early Spring. :smiley:

I don't have any expensive driving shoes, but I find the £4.99 plimsoles you can buy from Primark are really nice to drive in, great feel of the peddles, and not very chunky.... seriously, try it :thumbup:

Of course, on the weekends when I dress up as Daphne, I have trouble driving in my high heels :rofl:

Does anyone else have OCD when it comes to the front seats, where I have mine quite upright, as I have quite a motorsport driving position, I find that the passenger seat is always further back and more leaned back......really irritates me and I have to adjust it everytime I've taken a passenger so the seats are level!!!

Last edited:
I don't have any expensive driving shoes, but I find the £4.99 plimsoles you can buy from Primark are really nice to drive in, great feel of the peddles, and not very chunky.... seriously, try it :thumbup:

Of course, on the weekends when I dress up as Daphne, I have trouble driving in my high heels :rofl:

Does anyone else have OCD when it comes to the front seats, where I have mine quite upright, as I have quite a motorsport driving position, I find that the passenger seat is always further back and more leaned back......really irritates me and I have to adjust it everytime I've taken a passenger so the seats are level!!!

I have this OCD lol. Really bugs me if the passenger (Almost always the wife) is slightly in front or behind me when I'm driving. And yeah, seats have gotta be the same angle etc.

Though when we have the wee man in the car in his carseat the passenger front seat has to be slightly further forward.

I don't go for the ghetto-rider look. I prefer to be sit like a BTCC/Rally driver and be able to reach everything.

+1 on this

I'm not sure of the legality, but driving barefoot is something everyone should try at least once. The feel you have on the pedals is amazing compared to wearing shoes; you can be really precise!

Love it!!!:rofl:

I'm generally in my DC's when driving and find that although they're quite a chunky trainer, you do get very good feel through them. I did have a pair or Puma/Ferrari trainers which were superb, but birght red, so it was a trade off between glorious feel and looking like a tw@t. They also clip-clop'd when you walked on hard ground!!! :smiley:

I currently have some OMP karting boots for wearing on trackdays and they're really comfy, but again they do look slightly tw@tish. I had a pair of Adidas Goodyear a few years ago and they were lovely, complete with a rubber layer on the inside of the toe for heel & toe'ing without destroying the tips of the trainer. Might have a look for another set, those Porsche Design ones look very nice though. :smile:

My passeneger seat is ALWAYS situated slightly further back than my seat with the same backrest angle... Weight distribution to the centre. :smiley:

I'm not sure of the legality, but driving barefoot is something everyone should try at least once. The feel you have on the pedals is amazing compared to wearing shoes; you can be really precise!

The current trend for "barefoot" running in ultra thin shoes (I know, go figure) means very good driving shoes. I use the merrell ones - very good and much thinner than they look here.

J85521_4.jpg

Last edited:
steering wheel low as possible, with fully extended rake, seat low as possible just abit of angle and quite far back, feels like a touring car then :tongueout:

The current trend for "barefoot" running in ultra thin shoes (I know, go figure) means very good driving shoes. I use the merrell ones - very good and much thinner than they look here.

J85521_4.jpg

Oooo they will match my car nicely... :tongueout:inky:

The clio wasnt really designed for people like me, 6'2" with long legs and short arms....

My legs end up pretty high under the wheel and it's a bit cramp but I still have enough room to heel-toe properly but only just!

I have mine extended as far as possible so the wheel's as close as possible. Height wise...adjusted so it doesn't interfere with my view of the instruments.

Seat set as low as possible, seat set so the my knee is only slightly bent when the clutch pedal is depressed and wrist can touch the steering wheel. Back slightly reclined back

hate how the recardos dont go low enough going to try modify or else remove the rails

I hate how the Recaros don't have lumbar support. You can probably retro fit it as there are other cars that use Sportster CS but the cost will be astronomical.