197: Whats my car worth? (roughly)

Hi chaps!

Car will be up for sale shortly as a diesel is required :worried: so just wondering at what price you think it should be advertised at? I will be returning it to standard for the sale.

Clio 197 F1 457/500
24k Miles
Full service History
6 Month Tax
Anthracite Speedlines
Cup Spoiler
MOT in December
(cambelt/Aux/Water Pump is due in December)

Would you lot think £8000 is too much? (would want £8500 is I did the belt change)

For comparison, I paid £8k in November last year for my black R27 with 51k FRSH, 1 owner from Renault in Mansfield. 6 months tax and 12 months MOT.

I'd try 8.5k and see how it goes, it's low mileage with belts done so you might do ok. 197 prices seem pretty up and down at the moment.

get the belts etc done and advertise it to sell @ £7,999 and settle for £7,750.

Sorry its very, very much a buyers market.

Better to sell if thats what you need to do rather than have a depreciating car you don't want.

Afternoon Guys-

The second hand 197 / 200 market has been proper awful this year, pries have tumbled.
Once you get on past October the market flattens off even more-

Im afraid high 7's is a distant memory even for those low mileage Liquid yellows-

Start at 7495 & go from there... thats if you want to actually sell it-

regards
Steve

Last edited:
If your going to sell it-

get it on there soon--

try pistonheads its free IIRC- no harm in trying £7800/ £7900-

You never know- If the car is Mint- I would put the anth wheels on there though & try 7 get net £200/250 back out the speedlines

Steve

If your going to sell it-

get it on there soon--

try pistonheads its free IIRC- no harm in trying £7800/ £7900-

You never know- If the car is Mint- I would put the anth wheels on there though & try 7 get net £200/250 back out the speedlines

Steve

Pistonheads is £10 now I think. But not that much really.

i know someone selling a 200 for 8K!!!!

not one call!!!!

he is part ex'ing it on saturday as a result.

I think a lot of the problem is not everyone has £8k in cash to buy cars outright, so need to use a trader to buy it on finance.

Selling a nippy petrol car for a diesel is upsetting. I did it a year ago and I can't wait to get back to a petrol.

The market crashing is why im keeping my Clio. I know its worth more than what I can sell it for atm so id rather sell it in a year or two when i've had my moneys worth out of it.

I sold mine with just over 30k for £7,500 after about 2/3 weeks.
I didn't entertain anyone offering anything less as I felt I had priced it well and knew it wouldn't hang around.
My car was in very good condition and if yours is the same you may well be able to get more for it, I paid more for mine around June but if you don't want it hanging around that's about the price you should aim for :thumbsup:
J

Similar Thread Suggestions