Whats better for the car?

Jmax

197 F1 Team
Platinum Member
I'm just having a think about fuel for the car and I know that its suggested that it should be run on super unleaded 97ron. But I'm just wondering if it would be better to run the car on 95ron with an additive?

I'd love to hear your opinions on this.

John

Not sure whats actually better so its just my feelings but I used to run optimax but now it has changed to nitro+ I don't like it too many additives and a few shocking rumours I am now on BP ultimate. Both are noticeably better than standard fuel IMO.

Super like vpower should have more and better cleaner/detergant so its also better for injectors and the engine as well as the higher octane.

Id never add additives to your fuel as tbh, it should be fine as it comes out the pump, certainly more trustworthy than owt you can buy in a bottle for £6 imo

just run it on the highest octane fuel you can get basically like v-power

wouldn't bother using cheaper fuel and then chucking in an additive!

For the price difference (Very little nowadays with extortionate prices) I've just stuck to the Vpower or Tesco 97 or whatever the more expensive one is. Better safe than sorry for the sake of £1 a tank.

We don't get Vpower or Tesco 97 here in Northern Ireland, the best we have on offer is Sainsburys, which only one station I know of sells or BP ultimate which it just seems to be a lottery in regards to price.

Tesco is actually 99 as it's made by Shell :wink:

I always put it in the 182, but the saxo has Tesco Value 95 put in it!

Your choices here in Northern Ireland are quite limited. You have:

BP Ultimate
Texaco High Octane
Sainsburys High Octane

And that's about it from experience I personally use BP Ultimate and find it quite good.

We use the Tesco high octane one. We know about it we put 95 in which we've had to do when momentum isn't available. It diesnt seem to run as well but that could just be in my head to be honest lol

I don't think adding a bottle of something @ £6 a pop makes economical sense, not when a full tank of Vpower is half that over a full tank of 95 ron.

Edit, I mean the difference in price between the two.

Leave it to the experts (fuel companies) and buy the premium fuel, they know what they're doing when they design their fuels.