What the F**k!!!!!

Went to change my sidelight bulb yesterday and noticed some oil on the engine itself, cleaned it up and wanted to see if it came back and it has :-( only a little at the moment but not happy has anybody else had this problem?? Im going to the garage first thing in the morning for when the open, here is a pic

026.jpg

029.jpg

027.jpg

yep had this on mine

it comes form that small cam carrier bolt - seeps from under the head - i just took it
out cleaned it and put a dab of sealer under the head - been right ever since

Unfortunately this is normal when it comes to Renault - they don't use any gaskets only sealant, and sloppy as they are, sometimes they don't use it enough or at all on some places.

th_030420091369.gif

th_030420091370.gif

Got rid of that problem when I changed my cams.

Attachments

• th_030420091369.gif
    th_030420091369.gif
    4.9 KB · Views: 0
Would it be worth taking it to the garage? Or doing it myself? Which sealent did you use?
Thanks

up to you really - i did mine as by the time i had travelled back and forth to the dealer it was far easier
and quicker just to do it myself

as for sealer use either silicone/rtv or could use a bit of super glue to provide a seal

All sorted now misses took it in for me sat morning as i was working, and it was all fixed in 45 mins, I've done a 120 mile trip since and all ok, thanks guys for your help

Similar Thread Suggestions