197: What spoiler? Pics needed...

Thinking my 197 needs a spoiler to 'finish off' the rear of the car, initially wanted a Cup spoiler but am undecided now. So any pics of any alternative spoilers would be handy (especially in Albi blue). Also any details of the actual spoiler would be great, make, model, price, where its from etc.

Thanks in advance :smile:

There is an albi blue cup spoiler for sale in the classified sections!

All the spoilers look good dude. Check out KTEC's website they hVe a few on there!

There is an albi blue cup spoiler for sale in the classified sections!

All the spoilers look good dude. Check out KTEC's website they hVe a few on there!

Yeah I know but there's a que of people lined up for that and my wife put me off by saying the Cup spoiler looks chavvy :-(

I'll upload my pics of my Albi 197 which has a cup spoiler tomorrow RipGroove. :smile:

If I have time this eve I'll try and get some uploaded.

Cup spoiler for the win!! :smiley: it deffinately gives the rear if the Clio a much sportier look.

I'll upload my pics of my Albi 197 which has a cup spoiler tomorrow RipGroove. :smile:

If I have time this eve I'll try and get some uploaded.

Cup spoiler for the win!! :smiley: it deffinately gives the rear if the Clio a much sportier look.

Cool, I'll probably go for the Cup spoiler to keep it all factory.

It does, just needs holes drilling. When you order the GT spoiler from factory the tailgate is different, but only because it's pre-drilled. No big deal really :wink:

Mine is factory fit. Best people to ask would be RUK on the Renaultsport forum

To be honest, it seems a hell of a lot to tool a different tailgate just for a spoiler if that is the case. Just drilling holes in is easily done, but a recess as well, would be astonished if that was true

Mine is factory fit. Best people to ask would be RUK on the Renaultsport forum

To be honest, it seems a hell of a lot to tool a different tailgate just for a spoiler if that is the case. Just drilling holes in is easily done, but a recess as well, would be astonished if that was true

It is true. Karl has spoken to RUK about it.

Ok i have had two of the spoilers you have listed.

The first i had was the sprint spoiler from Ktec, if you look on the website im sure they still use the picture of my old car to sell it.

http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=2719&appid=3

I paid £185 with CS.net discount. Good spoiler but the fit was not 100% as it sat up a little in the middle which might have been down to the fitting. I got it fitted by a local body shop at the cost of around £150 for paint and fitting. I was happy with it as it was far less "CHAV" than the cup spoiler. Very nice spoiler and very subtle, expect to pay £250-£350 for it to be painted and fitted.

DSC_0813.jpg

DSC_0827.jpg

DSC_0814.jpg

DSC_0753-1.jpg

The on to my current 200, which has the "chav" spoiler. Was never a fan of the cup spoiler and that was the reason i went for the sprint on my previous 200. Unfortunately when i ordered the Silverstone it didn't come with a spoiler and 200s look gash with no spoiler. Didn't fancy going through all the hassle of ordering another sprint spoiler and spending near £350 so i used the spoiler issue to get more from renault for free.

DSC_0394.jpg

DSC_0395.jpg

DSC_0176.jpg

Far more in your face but as said before they need something on the boot to finish it off. If i was in your situation i would go for the Sprint spoiler. Its a real nice subtle mod.

i agree with the above 2 posts

i too have a sprint (elia) spoiler and i bloody love it

2ztewid.gif

to be honest im not a fan of the cup spoiler. i actually think it spoils it

Last edited:
Sprint spoiler FTW, for me the cup spolier is too much, IMO it makes it look like a racing car

Edited for you :thumbup:

I hated the Cup spoiler to begin with. Then I seen a white 200 with a black one and loved it. So much so I went and ordered one and got it painted black for our green 200.