What mods?

Hey guys.

I want to get more ponies out of my engine and was looking at forced induction Turbo or SC but with the import charges of South Africa its just not wort it, So I am asking you guys what else can I do to the engine and what you okes done to yours.
I do already have an induction kit ans full exhaust setup anything else to do is the remap and most boys are running it currently but I am looking for something that will make my baby take it one step further.

Thanx for the info in advance guys

There's not a great deal you can do with these engines in reality. An air filter, exhaust and remap is about where it ends with sensible funds. After that you're taking cams which starts getting pricey.

Rich

I have heard that the car is already in a gas flowed state is this true? if not can it be done then. as for the cams does the VVT not pose a problem. what entails the Cams is it just a simple new set of cams or are there more things needed to make them run properly?

Firstly, your probably better off removing the induction kit as they have been proven (Many times on a dyno) that they in fact make your car slower. Better noise yes, but worse off performance wise.

New cams are another mod that a good few people on here have done. Depending on the cams you opt for will depend on weather or not you need other stuff to get them to work right (ie. another ECU to run them).

Regardless of cams you will need the software altered (Remapped) to run them right.

Without knowing you budget it is hard to say.

It can be anything from a £35 panel filter, to a £300-£1100 exhaust, NoS, Supercharger, forged internals, engine transplant.... You name it, it has all been done, the only one not to have been done yet is turbo IIRC.

Without knowing you budget it is hard to say.

It can be anything from a £35 panel filter, to a £300-£1100 exhaust, NoS, Supercharger, forged internals, engine transplant.... You name it, it has all been done, the only one not to have been done yet is turbo IIRC.

Thats the problem I have is the budget I have about 40k to spend but now with import fees they load a 26% on the product plus the mark up of the tuner and before we know it they exceeded the budget before popped the hood.

The cams seems like some investigating Ill look into that

If it is £40k my advice is buy an R26.R with a Ti exhaust, re-map and be happy lol! :smiley:

Similar Thread Suggestions