Weighty weighty clios

Hi, where did you get carbon centre console from? Does it still give you access to key card slot and connector to allow diagnostics/remap?

Hi dude, its from Maximotorsport

It doesnt come with access, but I simply used the old one as a template and cut them out, works well as it happens to still use the key card and I often use the diag port.

Hope this helps

I've only recently bought my car but weight saving is going to be a big focus for the car. I'm currently debating if I want to go for a clubsport spec and retain carpet, door cards etc or go balls out and gut the car completely. Anyone know much is saved from ditching carpet, door cards and headliner?

It's a Clio 200 FF with Cup Pack, went to the weigh bridge the other week and I'm starting at 1350kg including driver and full tank of fuel, so will be interesting to see how much I can save, definitely a few kilos to shave off the driver :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: A1axx
Cheers - so did you just cut a hole for the stop/start button? Does yours have the slight indent still for where the radio would go and it just doesn't show up very well on the pictures or did you get it made flush without it?

I've only recently bought my car but weight saving is going to be a big focus for the car. I'm currently debating if I want to go for a clubsport spec and retain carpet, door cards etc or go balls out and gut the car completely. Anyone know much is saved from ditching carpet, door cards and headliner?

It's a Clio 200 FF with Cup Pack, went to the weigh bridge the other week and I'm starting at 1350kg including driver and full tank of fuel, so will be interesting to see how much I can save, definitely a few kilos to shave off the driver :tearsofjoy:

Will weigh mine again shortly. About as light as can be with steel panels and glass I think! Aiming for 1100-1150 with 40+kg rollcage, extinguisher system and 2 seats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers - so did you just cut a hole for the stop/start button? Does yours have the slight indent still for where the radio would go and it just doesn't show up very well on the pictures or did you get it made flush without it?

It's smooth on mine, but different in the website photos! Either way it would make a good area for switches.

I moved the start button but it could be fitted in oem position.

It's a part designed to blank a race car with no heater or oem buttons etc.

I run a small heater matrix & fan.

If you are just looking to carbonise your centre console I would look elsewhere as the Maxi one probably won't suit!

Yeap club sport is nice. However with a false floor to get your feet to the pedals and retaining arch liners it's not overly noisy with 0 sound deadening and normal to drive! Depends how far you want to take it, it's only arch liner removal that makes them horrendous inside. Zorst is a bit noisy but not too bad. From a person that has hearing issues with tinnitus!! Noisy cars usually mean ear plugs for me, but the Clio is manageable

Reactions: BenAG200
Yeap club sport is nice. However with a false floor to get your feet to the pedals and retaining arch liners it's not overly noisy with 0 sound deadening and normal to drive! Depends how far you want to take it, it's only arch liner removal that makes them horrendous inside. Zorst is a bit noisy but not too bad. From a person that has hearing issues with tinnitus!! Noisy cars usually mean ear plugs for me, but the Clio is manageable

I gutted my 197 for a ring trip and had a KTEC exhaust fitted at the time, not going to lie after a long weekend of basically driving the car all the time the noise did start to get to me which is why I'm 50/50 at the moment.

I gutted my 197 for a ring trip and had a KTEC exhaust fitted at the time, not going to lie after a long weekend of basically driving the car all the time the noise did start to get to me which is why I'm 50/50 at the moment.

I'm driving to spa in a couple of months, ear plugs [emoji1303]! When you have a lid on its fine anyway

I'm driving to spa in a couple of months, ear plugs [emoji1303]! When you have a lid on its fine anyway

Thought I might have looked a bit of a muppet driving from Calais to Adenau with a lid on haha but I get what you mean!