Water on top of engine

Iv been under my bonnet a few times and noticed water sat around the plug and coil behind the oil cap and worried it could cause problems and corrosion to the head/threads has anyone had this before and know any cures or where it may be coming from before I start trying things ?

You sure it's water and not oil?

Either way, sponge it out with a Q-Tip or cotton bud and see if it reappears.

Yes I'm sure it's not oil it's a clear liquid with no smell, ill dry it off tmoz and check it daily n see when it next re appears I'm hoping it maybe just water getting under the washer jet when it's been raining or iv been washing it

I've noticed the exact same thing, I think it's after I wash it so mate something to do with the washer jet

Yes I have noticed the same thing after a wash and when I did my plugs, spark plug number 1 was filled with water, crap design

Yep its the crappy washer jets, pop them out, clean the area under them and dob a TINY amount of silicone around the hole and pop em back in.

Sounds like a common thing then, ill remove them at weekend and use some clear silicone to try seal em, cheers for your tip

usually only happens on 200's as they didn't come with the sound deadening on the bonnet, unless you got my old 197 which i robbed it off for the 200.

I have noticed this water too, got a water mark on one of the pipes. How do you get the jets out without damaging the crappy soft paint?

Maby it's your old one as there's no sound proofing lol, done this on my dinner break, I opened the bonnet pulled the pipe off the jet and just pushed the jet out, I then cleaned the area applied silicone and pushed the jet back in, ill wash it over the weekend and see if I'm still water free :smile:

usually only happens on 200's as they didn't come with the sound deadening on the bonnet, unless you got my old 197 which i robbed it off for the 200.

The 197 cups don't come with the deadening either, some weight saving that must have been :smile: I think it just allows condensation to drop onto/into the engine bay.

I washed it Saturday iv just checked it and Thers no sign of water but ill keep checking throughout the week, looks good so far