oil temp /water temp help

Jakkehoop

Paid Member
looking for some info on coolant/oil temps when on track as trying to set up the warning on my gauge

so what temperature for oil and water would you say the warnings should be set at to avoid things getting to hot

any info would be helpful

Coolant: Genuine Renault type d
Oil: fuchs titan race pro s 5w40

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

looking for some info on coolant/oil temps when on track as trying to set up the warning on my gauge

so what temperature for oil and water would you say the warnings should be set at to avoid things getting to hot

any info would be helpful

Coolant: Genuine Renault type d
Oil: fuchs titan race pro s 5w40

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I can't help with oil temperatures as my Clio does not have an oil temperature sensor. But as far as coolant goes when my Clio was at Donnington on a 25 degrees plus day in June it got up to 94 degrees on a long and hard session. That should be about the middle of the temperature gauge on the dashboard (I think).

Reactions: Jakkehoop
I see oil temperature up to 120c when it is warm outside and I’m giving it some stick, but i run an oil cooler. Without that it could be higher.

I track mine when it's around 90F ambient and don't have an oil cooler or temp gauge

Point is the garage that looks after my car runs cup cars as well and is adamant that the car can handle the temps just fine without any worries. Track days here are usually 30 min sessions, or at best 3 hrs open pit lane.

adding my voice to what @R20BTG said with respect to Oil Temp. it's bit higher in our region (Middle East)

for coolant, the needle points the middle when the coolant temp is between 80-100 degree C. I cross check that via OBD reader (ScanGauge II). The moment the temp reads about 100 deg C, the needle starts moving towards high. So, I would setup the warring sign at about 95 deg C for cooling down.