Water leak!

It absolutely threw it down in York today, so much so it woke me up while i was sleeping (night shifts, not lazy-ness!). Didn't think anything of it until I got in the Clio to find the passenger foot well soaking wet through! Got to go to work now so cant investigate further, anyone else had this happen or have any thoughts as to why its not weather proof? I'm just drying my Cliosport car mat as i write this..... :confused1:

has it ever done it when youve washed it??
if no was the window shut propley(silly question i know)

Window was definately shut, will check the drains tomorrow. Hopefully its nothing too drastic, otherwise ill just drill a hole in the floor haha

Door drains also, if they are dirty they could have become blocked. It is unlikely the water will have got in from there, but worth a check.

I'd say passenger door drains tbh had it happen before not i'n Clio water came threw between bottom of plastic door trim inside car ran on top of doorgasket ran inside sure it was on the megane 16v at time or perhaps someones done work on door and plastic membrane isn't intact behind plastic trim?

Electrics are protected but as I said all that usually protect water from getting i'n is a plastic sheet sealed to steel but may have been damaged something to check really.

Other thing to check would be the rubber seals along the top and down the rear window to make sure these aren't completely split and letting water in...

The leak is coming from behind the dash, dripping into the passenger footwell. I took it back to Evans Halshaw for them to look at it as i have extended warranty and before they even looked at it they told me it wouldnt be covered! Smarmy tw@t. Im currently in dispute with them over this, want it fixing of my money back from the guatantee.

When i turn i can hear the water swilling side to side! To check the resevoir under the windscreen i would have to take the windscreen wipers off by the looks of it.

Overall - not happy :worried:

Anything from evans halshaw isn't worth the paper it's written on.

Didn't you notice the salesman's horses tied up round the back?

Take the wipers and arms off and remove the scuttle trim at the bottom of the screen and the water drains will be blocked (i'll bet on the drivers side), they'll need unblocking to let the water drain out.

i say leave it to evans halshaw get ure contract out and take it to a solicitor see if you have a case under faulty goods act.

Take the wipers and arms off and remove the scuttle trim at the bottom of the screen and the water drains will be blocked (i'll bet on the drivers side), they'll need unblocking to let the water drain out.

Its straight-forward enough to do yourself, not worth taking a trip to the dealers for.

Is it the Renault extended W'ee,iof its the scuttle drains blocked no w'tee will cover it,i would remove the scuttle grille and check the drains holes are clear.

Just had the scuttle grill off. There were two drain holes, 1 either side but they both seamed to be covered up by plastic plugs. Thing is, they look as though they should be there (if you know what i mean) due to the fit. Do they need pulling out?
Still pissed off with Evans Halshaw but i really don't want any more water getting in.

They are situated just behind the plastic covers which cover the top mounts, you need something to poke down the holes but not risk damaging the drain tubes, and that seems to open them up and all the water will drain out.