Water in drivers footwell

Hi all,

Over xmas I noticed the carpet in the rear behind the drivers seat was wet.

After a bit of poking about I found at least an inch of water under the seat where the carpets meet.

After removing the drivers seat and the rear carpet I found that the problem was also in the front too.

I removed the foam from the rear and front but decided to leave the foam around the pedals as this is going to mean dismantling most the car to get it out.

After trying to find the answer to were the problem was on the internet I started under the bonnet. Behind the cover where the windscreen wipers are are drain holes. these aren't easy to spot but are right behind the suspension mount.

This area was full of silt and crud. Cleaned it out and used some bent wire to try clear out the tube.

This appeared to work as the water exited onto the inner wheel arch.

So with this I thought I had solved the problem and waited for the foam and carpet to dry.

After a few days I got back into the car only to find more water. Not best pleased.

So off with the wheel and inner arch and I find another drain, this one has a little flap over it and again was full of silt. Cleared it out and got covered with water for the pleasure.

Got the hose out to try and see if I could cause a leak and I think I have now cracked it.

I removed the stupid flap from the end of the second drain and extended the pipe by a foot or so.
The second drain with the flap is for the front drivers side (panoramic) sunroof.

Now waiting for everything to dry before reassembling the car.

Hope this helps someone who may get the same problem.