Warrenty work.... can I get this covered

Taking the car to the dealers today to get some problems sorted before my warrenty expires in june.

Firstly I want them to replace the Recaro seat due to the usual wear problem, and want to try and get them to help with the cold start 'kangerooing' problem. I hope the dealers will be ok about the recaro replacement as I have heard that some try and fob you off.

The problem I have is that I am going to ask for an alloy wheel re-spray as two of my alloys have bubbled (possibly rust under the paint). Can this (or has anybody had this) be covered under warrenty? especially as my car is 2&1/2 years old? or will it be classed as a wear and tear issue?

Thanks

Dave

was the car used when you bought it?

What difference does it make?

I bought my R27 when it was 18 months old on 18k, but have had the Recaro cover replaced on the driver's seat. The Kangaroo issue can be addressed with an ECU update, which again was done for free for me. Also, on Wednesday, the car is booked in for a replacement steering wheel (it's melting) and my two front wheels are being refurbished due to blistering on the spokes...

So in short, yes... I'd expect all of that to be done for you.

What difference does it make?

I bought my R27 when it was 18 months old on 18k, but have had the Recaro cover replaced on the driver's seat. The Kangaroo issue can be addressed with an ECU update, which again was done for free for me. Also, on Wednesday, the car is booked in for a replacement steering wheel (it's melting) and my two front wheels are being refurbished due to blistering on the spokes...

So in short, yes... I'd expect all of that to be done for you.

Cheers Russ

I think Russ beat me to it but yeah I cant see you having any problems with it. my local dealers have actually said the recaro seat wear is a common problem, even if the dealer fob you off its not the end of it. You can contact RUK or just try another dealer!

Hope you dont have any problems

Just speak to David RUK on ClioSport or RS Forums - he will sort you out. My dealer were a bit uninterested until David got involved, then everything happened immediately!! :smile:

Nice one, I was wanting to get these two issues addressed on mine. Was even thinking of posting up on here asking the exact questions you did mate.

I'll get in touch with my local dealers...

Also are there any other warrenty/recall issues on the 197 that I should check whilst its in??

right been to the dealers today, and the car is still in now getting the door seals fixed. So far so good tbh. I made out i had already contacted renault uk about the recaro issue and they had told me to take it my nearest dealer to sort it out. They admitted it was a common problem and said it would probably be replaced and they will call me soon to let me know.

they also said that they will look at my alloys and let me know if they can be resprayed on warrenty so all good so far. Should get a call soon. In the mean time im cruising in my 1.2 clio beast :smile: lol

Just speak to David RUK on ClioSport or RS Forums - he will sort you out. My dealer were a bit uninterested until David got involved, then everything happened immediately!! :smile:

ya will give him a pm on cs if i have any issues. Thanks mate :smile:

Got my car back today. Will have to back next week as I need brake pads allround.

Anyone know how much the brakepads are for the brembo's?? I need all four. Stealers are giving me a call tomorrow with a quote for parts and labour but bet I can get it done cheaper elsewhere.

On the warrenty front, was not all good. They are confident I will get the recaro's sorted but they are not respraying the alloys :worried:

Parts manager said that they have been repaired in the past so warrenty is void. I got them touched up (about a quater of my alloy has had a respray and repair when I curbed my alloy), so nothing they can do about the blistering on warrenty.

I said that the repair was nothing to do with the blistering an the problem is a seperate issue that needs sorting. He then said for me to contact Renault UK if I want to complain. He wasn't being nasty, the customer service was quite good tbh but im dissapointed they wont cover it.

So I will be taking Russ' advice and contacting Dave on CS. Hopefully he will try and sort it for me.

On the plus side I got lots of things sorted; new rubber seals, new recaro seat soon, new brakes soon, my alarm volume is being 'turned up' next week, the 'kangarooing' cold start ecu upgrade is being put on next week, and my car is back driving like it is brand new... didnt realise how much it needed a service lol.

You may struggle with the alloy refurb, but its definitely a manufacturing defect as it's happened on a fair few, including Megane's, and always on the front with the larger Brembo calipers.

Glad to hear that it was good for the majority, shame about the alloys but at least its not the end of it and there is still a chance you will get them done!

Good news then!

What is that Dave on CS's username on there as I can't find anyone under DavidRUK or David RUK or DaveRUK

I am taking mine to the dealers on Saturday after the tyre change to have the blistering looked at

I thought it was David R-UK, but I don't have my PM's anymore I'm afraid :worried:

Dave - the Renault/Brembo pads are about £95 I believe for the fronts and £45 for the rears.

I had a further issue with my warranty work on Friday last week - they didn't order any parts for me!

So I had another moan, which has resulted in a free courtesy car and a cheque in the post for my inconvenience!!

How many miles has your car done? Put in an optomisitic warrenty claim for my recaros a couple of weeks ago. Stealers were supposed to phone me when renault got back to them. But havent.................
Cars done 48k miles. Still got 6 months warranty.