Warranty up in 4 months

As the title says, should I do anything the warranty is up? I don't want the warranty to finish and something break quickly after.:thumbup1:

If you are paranoid (like me) you could get an independent RS garage to do a quick once over on the car.

Then if they find anything, note it down and raise it with your local Renault Garage. Even if they say not to worry about any of the faults. You have a something in place to fall back on if something goes pop straight after the warrant expires.

If you are paranoid (like me) you could get an independent RS garage to do a quick once over on the car.

Then if they find anything, note it down and raise it with your local Renault Garage. Even if they say not to worry about any of the faults. You have a something in place to fall back on if something goes pop straight after the warrant expires.

Cheers, I was thinking along these lines. Was interested to see if anyone had anyone been in this situation and done something about it.

You've got 4 months and 1 day until your gearbox detonates.

Putting on 2 new front tyres next month. :bye2:

get them to replace the following just in case -

gearbox
steering rack
exhaust manifold
top engine mount
recaro seat covers :eek:

:bat:Alright, I get it. I asked a retarded question.

Not at all, it's a reasonable concern. One that I've been through recently.

The sensible advice above was if concerned to pay a trustworthy independent to give it the once over.

Ask them to check specifics and if required a report on any faults.

After that you're to some extent on your own out of warranty but as has been seen for a lot of the common issues RUK will contribute. It's a very grey area as to if they're obliged to but they will do it.

I'm now out of warranty and just have an emergency fund like most should :wink:

Just before mine is out of warranty I'm going to let them Service it and compain about ball joints and steering rack and hopefully get them to change them before warranty expires. Also If my recaros are looking shabby by then try and get the covers replaced.

Last edited:
I have this 'dilemma' coming up shortly too. Mine expires in August, I had already planned to take it somewhere for a good once over to see if they can find anything wrong, if not well I will just keep fingers crossed that it stays that way :smile:

My cars want for nothing, I had it MOT'd 2 weeks early and they went over it with a fine tooth comb.

They replaced the aircon head unit and the thermostat. Within 4 weeks the gearbox and rack had issues.

All resolved now but $hit either happens or it doesn't.

My car is a 2007 and I took a "warrantywise" warranty when I bought it. Total cost for a year: £450. 5 weeks later my mechanic tells me I have a faulty lower arm ball joint, gets in touch with them, 1h later they approve the repair and pay for it, £228. Of course you may think it's not worth having it because you probably won't have 450 quid to pay for faulty parts every year but as for any kind of insurance you'll be happy to have it if your gearbox or steering rack needs some surgery.

Look at the t&cs carefully. As per other thread that has a warranty but won't cover the gearbox as its only upto £2k and replacement it £2,400

My box was £240 out of warranty inc a new clutch plate but I have a good Renault history. However if its a £X limit the gamble is not do you warranty but will the fix be between the premium and max payout figure.

Would recaros be co weed with a third party warranty company?

You can only know by asking them or reading their Ts&Cs as Mental says.

Personally I'd prefer to just put the same money aside in a pot for emergencies, or a rainy day if nothing goes wrong :smile:

Clause 100b 1.0.3 wafer thin recaros, chocolate gearboxes and paper mache steering racks are not covered.

Clause 100b 1.0.4 nor are dog bone joints, leaky folding mirrors, blocked scuffle drain damage and rusty boot lids

:wink: