Want to store the 200 over winter . . .

I want to store the 200 over these coming winter months but cant decide whether to pay for storage somewhere or just buy a cover and leave it on the drive. I do have a garage, a nice one at that, but my dad wont let me keep it in there because he is using the space to restore a pinball machine. :worried:

So does anyone know of a good cover for the Clio? Or of anywhere in Essex thats good for vehicle storage?

Cheers

I just cant be arsed with the constant cleaning and worrying about salt on the roads ruining the paint and wheels! lol i have a work van to use anyway and ive beem told that the clio doesnt handle well in the snow lol just want to look after her over the harsh months ahead. Put her in hibernation :wink:

I drove mine last year... it wasn't bad at all :smile: doubt its good now its lowered... probably just act like a giant snow shovel haha. I don't blame you for wanting to put her away :smile:

I just cant be arsed with the constant cleaning and worrying about salt on the roads ruining the paint and wheels! lol i have a work van to use anyway and ive beem told that the clio doesnt handle well in the snow lol just want to look after her over the harsh months ahead. Put her in hibernation :wink:

Madness in my opinion. It's a nearly new car, it's not going to rot. And being a newish car, I wonder how much you'd lose in depreciation if stored for a few months?

Cars are designed and tested to work in extremes of weather that we will never ever see in this country. No point in storing it, its made to be driven. It will depriciate either way.

Madness in my opinion. It's a nearly new car, it's not going to rot. And being a newish car, I wonder how much you'd lose in depreciation if stored for a few months?

Surely it would help reduce depreciation if anything (unlikely to be affected either way) as you'd be keeping miles off the clock...? No?

Surely it would help reduce depreciation if anything (unlikely to be affected either way) as you'd be keeping miles off the clock...? No?

Thinking that this is a false economy though. You may get a bit more for your motor when you sell it with lower millage but if you then calculate how much each mile has cost you may be suprised.

I know i have def taken a huge hit on resale value due to the millage I have clocked up but im totally happy with that. The used car market is a bit flat anyway, i think we are all doomed :rofl:

theres only ever like 2 weeks max when it snows badly in england, if it actually does, just buy a car cover... as long as it covers the car it will be fine, and then leave it on your drive, if you have one.

Thinking that this is a false economy though. You may get a bit more for your motor when you sell it with lower millage but if you then calculate how much each mile has cost you may be suprised.

I know i have def taken a huge hit on resale value due to the millage I have clocked up but im totally happy with that. The used car market is a bit flat anyway, i think we are all doomed :rofl:
thats what i like to hear DRIVEN not affraid to put miles on the clock:thumbup: