V6 in a 197-200

After reading the post what mike put in the FI bit about V6 SC ITB's got me thinking again about stuffing a V6 in the 200,I know it would be a tight fit but a R32 lump would be epic or 350z or one of Renaults V6's.
Would of thought it might of been done by now or is it just a bad idea.:001_unsure:

Hahaa, if it's possible, and you've got the drive and the patience. It would be a truely epic car!

Lad round Skelton that throws the es9's in c2's. Might be worth giving him a bell see if it can be done

Looked into it, tentatively, didn't do it.

There's a few reasons really. It would fit, anything can be made to fit and as it's used in FWD applications in the Espace and Laguna then there's no reason to think it couldn't fit in a Clio as long as you used the correct gearbox and driveshafts etc.. It would be a bit of trial and error, but that's to be expected really as it's not something that's been done before.

Packaging wise, it is quite a large lump and it's also quite weighty compared to the F4R. So then when we looked into bang per buck, it starts to make less sense as it isn't as powerful as an F4RT for example and weighs more too... The other thing was engine management, the same thing that ruled out the 1.6T Juke engine (yeah we did think of that too for Nicole, for about five seconds at least). Whilst it could no doubt be made to work, would the Clio side of things (TC, ABS, Cruise, Immobiliser) be compatible with a standard V6 ECU or would there be hidden expense and development to get it to run and retain standard features or would you have no choice but to go with an aftermarket ECU?

Pros; DAT NOIZE, never been done before.

Cons; Weight, bang per buck, engine management.

Last edited:
Lad round Skelton that throws the es9's in c2's. Might be worth giving him a bell see if it can be done
yeah i have seen some pics of his work they look nuts.
Looked into it, tentatively, didn't do it.

There's a few reasons really. It would fit, anything can be made to fit and as it's used in FWD applications in the Espace and Laguna then there's no reason to think it couldn't fit in a Clio as long as you used the correct gearbox and driveshafts etc.. It would be a bit of trial and error, but that's to be expected really as it's not something that's been done before.

Packaging wise, it is quite a large lump and it's also quite weighty compared to the F4R. So then when we looked into bang per buck, it starts to make less sense as it isn't as powerful as an F4RT for example and weighs more too... The other thing was engine management, the same thing that ruled out the 1.6T Juke engine (yeah we did think of that too for Nicole, for about five seconds at least). Whilst it could no doubt be made to work, would the Clio side of things (TC, ABS, Cruise, Immobiliser) be compatible with a standard V6 ECU or would there be hidden expense and development to get it to run and retain standard features or would you have no choice but to go with an aftermarket ECU?

Pros;[b/][u/]DAT NOIZE, never been done before.

Cons;[b/][u/]Weight, bang per buck, engine management.

By the sounds of it could be ballache but like you say DAT NOIZE:drool:

Mark one of guys on RSMegane.com is running 400bhp on his 265 just a thought

He's got that up for sale now Kev, asking around £16k from memory. The money that's been thrown at it though could've bought something fast out of the box, just depends on how deep your pockets are. If I had the cash I'd get mine up to that kind of power, but there's no way I'd spend over £10k on doing it plus the cost of the base car

I couldn't think of anything worse than putting a heavy V6 in the front of a Clio.