V Power nitro

Buddyboy

Platinum Member
Just filled up last night with the new shell nitro and I'm not too impressed , the engine tone sounds louder more rough thought the manifold was leaking or something ( was getting ready to catch the pistons lol). Anyone else experience this the only other time I've had this was with momentum
,sansbury super was fine.

Just filled up last night with the new shell nitro and I'm not too impressed , the engine tone sounds louder more rough thought the manifold was leaking or something ( was getting ready to catch the pistons lol). Anyone else experience this the only other time I've had this was with momentum
,sansbury super was fine.

Give it a tankful and the ECU will learn the benefits.

Would the louder rough noise be caused by the cleaning effect and dirt deposits being burnt off? I guess this fuel needs to be used constantly for the full effect and not a fill your tank once solution

Was just a bit worried as it sounded different . Anyhow I'm getting k tec induction, Akro evo. crackle map two weeks today ,if I get it all done using V power and then decide to use 97 or 95 Ron later down the line will I harm the engine?

Was just a bit worried as it sounded different . Anyhow I'm getting k tec induction, Akro evo. crackle map two weeks today ,if I get it all done using V power and then decide to use 97 or 95 Ron later down the line will I harm the engine?

No mate but to get the most from the map you need to use the same fuel really as that's what the map was designed on

I filled the green one with the stuff on Thursday after Knockhill and have noticed no difference compared to the old V-Power.

Might be psychologically but mine feels smoother when engine is colder. Apparently a couple of people I know that have Focus ST's it's setting the Engine warning light off :/

Tell you what I did find the other day which isn't related to fuel I found grit on the inside edge of the rubber surround of my pipercross panel filter so refitted the standard one which seems to have thicker rubber around the edge which feels like a better fit no grit!

Hmm I noticed the same thing in mine, I filled mine up last Friday and noticed the engine sounded like a bag of nails compared to before and again I filled up yesterday and its still the same.

I only run my car on V-power, if it does not settle down by next Friday I will try standard petrol and see if I notice a difference.

I'm glad someone has started a thread on this,

I've been using it from the day it was released the other week, had a few tank of it now.

Car definitely sounds a little different, but the main thing I noticed was the car pop's more when doing a change at the 3.5K mark, it's always done it, but now it does the pops more or less every time when trying. And my average has gone from 33.4 to 35. So far, so good.

I use v-power all the time and filled up with Nitro. So far, no difference. Read the blurb on Nitro and it looks more like marketing than anything else. Both fuels have good cleaning agents so what's supposed to be the difference?

I filled up with this yesterday and I think I can feel more torque low down plus with the windows down at high revs there seems to be more of a whooshing sound. Good chance it's all placebo though!

i have only ever used v-power or momentum in my gti and i filled with nitro+ the other day

i definitely noticed a difference BUT my gti doesnt get used much and the vpower had sat in the tank for about 8 weeks so was maybe going stale and a fresh tank made it run better or it may be down to the new formula fuel.

i remember my 197 being very particular or sensitive to fuel so would expect it to like the new vpower

I put a tank in the other day and my car is always ran on Vpower any way and I noticed it was the new nitro stuff, when I pulled away from work the car basically died then took off with a massive back fire then I pulled onto the main road the same happened again popped twice then it's been fine ever sins, not really noticed any difference tbh