Uprated pads on rear but not front...

Im in need of new rear brake pads.
Around the £40 mark for OEM ones but i can get yellow stuff pads for £44.

Would it be ok to run uprated pads on the rear and OEM up front?

Not going to out balance the braking?

wouldnt bother to be honest

for the amount of braking effort that goes to the rear be far better with standard material8)

do you intend to uprate the fronts when needed?

yellow stuff are no good if ure using it for road only. ull never get the heat into them and it will feel unstable at back as the fronts will end up doing all the work.

try reds or a DS2500 :smile:

I wouldn't get EBC yellows. The ones worth getting are expensive (DS2500/carbon lorraines) so i'd just stick with standard ones

The fronts are actually in really good nick so no need to touch them for a while.

Woody-
I had Red stuff on my fabia VRS (190bhp) and really didn't like them!

lmfao Im not gettin into another "heated discussion" about red stuff. I run circa 200 BHP and I find them immense. Fabia VRS dont have 4 pot brembos on front if im not mistaken?

I can't remember ever seeing a thread complaining about 197/200 brakes yet so many people feel the need to "upgrade" them!

Stick to standard!

if not fit ferodo ds pads - got them on mine - just slightly better than standard and still a good effort come mot time 8)

Ye you're right woody the haven't got brembos.
I was running 312mm's from a TT.

Anyway Im going to stick to OEM at the minute then when it comes to changing the fronts i'll upgrade then.

I can't remember ever seeing a thread complaining about 197/200 brakes yet so many people feel the need to "upgrade" them!

Stick to standard!

standard on road

uprated on track

I think all the threads about that have been closed as it gets "heated" lmfao

Stick to standard!

You haven't looked hard enough :tongueout: there are plenty of threads complaining about the standard pads. And for good reason, put some uprated pads in and you will realise how bad the standard pads are

biggest "disadvantage" to the brembos is that the front pads last a very long time....this means the pads have plenty of time to sieze in the calipers and this then seriously drops the performance of the brakes off :thumb1:

I think standard pads are fine, even for track use, so long as you are using grooved discs to deglaze them.

excellent point there mate. grooved disks = essential

I found out the hard way at bedford GT lol brake fade to death and nearly binned it.

Solids are fine, if you run the right pad.

Don't bother upgrading rears. If anything you're making a road car worse, because if they're not getting hot they're not doing anything and it could mean a serious issue if the ESP can't save you going into a hedge because there's no bite.

Cup racers run solid discs or interior vented and I think the clios that run in the britcar 24 hrs use solid too.

cup racers are a different story they go out on new disks and pads and they get changed over for the next race i think. so if they warp, crack or whatever they are disposable.