Upgrades Baby!

Ashton

200T Test Pilot
Platinum Member
As a few of you may know i have been booked in at K-Tec Racing since January to have a few upgrades done to the Clio

So at 4am on Wednesday i was up and getting in to the car for the 180 mile journey to Dorset

After a steady drive and getting 32mpg (for the 1st time ever) Emma, Leo and i arrived and made use of the waiting room. Its gonna be a long day

The list of things to do:

KW v3 Coilovers
Full Geo
Performance Friction 330mm Brakes
Ferodo DS2500 pads
Braided Lines
Motul Brake Fluid Change
Remap
24 Month Service

The 1st thing that was pointed out was that i really did get my moneys worth out of my old DS2500 pads. I didn't know whether to be proud or ashamed but there was literally 1mm of compound left that was starting to crumble away

30s80t2.jpg

Next up was the removal of the current Cup dampers and Eibach springs ready for the new KW v3's to be fitted

of1p5f.jpg

Once the new KW was fitted the old warped discs were removed and binned in favour of the PF 330mm 2 piece discs. These things are huge!

24orqk3.jpg

Fitted

2mocv0h.jpg

Wheel on

30ttqp0.jpg

Then the rears were done within the next hour or so

After that the car was swapped onto a different ramp for its geo and alignment

I also had the scuttle panel and mount covers modified to allow easy access for adjustment

One that was done Paul took the car out to set up the suspension for the road (currently 6/5 Front and 5/5 Rear) and to put a low speed and high speed heat cycle through the new discs and pads

After its road test it was back in for mapping with Andy

Initial power run found that the car was running a very strong 195bhp and 160lb/ft of torque

2qscmtv.jpg

After the map was tweaked a few times and the map altered it had it final power run at 208bhp and 171 lb/ft torque

35cmxaq.jpg

I also had the crackle map applied to the car that gives awesome pops and crackles on over-run.

The only thing that didn't get done was the 24 month service due to running out of time although i am due to go back to K-Tec again on Wednesday to have the new induction kit fitted, 24 month service and also the map tweaked to suit

First impressions on the drive home was from the KW suspension set up. so smooth and no where near as harsh as the cup/Eibach set up. Even Emma commented on how comfy it was

Next was the improved throttle response from the mapping. pulls harder when on cam and low speed driving is a smooth as ever. Mind you even Paul said that he didn't notice a flat spot with my Akrapovic exhaust when he road tested the car to bed in the brakes

Speaking of brakes. All i can say i wow! they are ab-so-lutely crazy. the sheer force that they bring the car to a halt is incredible. the initial bite is positive and there is not let up. i know exactly what is going on as there is no lost of pedal modulation and i can confirm that there are no rattles from this set up what so ever

All in all was a good day. just a shame that there was not enough time to get the car serviced and also i was a day to early for the new induction kit.

Looks like Leo enjoyed it too. He made a few friends while he was there

1jq2w6.jpg

All in all, Top work K-tec. I look forward to seeing you again very soon

316xpa1.jpg

Cant wait to see how the new setup holds up at Cadwell on the 28th

Thanks for reading

Ashton

Last edited:
Nice healthy figure! Car looks lovely.

Those brakes look the part too! Brilliant

Great stuff :smile: some suberb upgrades and them discs so look huge, may I ask what the rough cost was as thinking of something same for myself :smiley:

So by the sounds of it ktec are quite good, I have my car booked in next month for a service. May be tempted to pick up a couple of bits. :smile:

This car looked the ******** on their fb page the other day.
Top upgrades there, good work.

So is the induction kit available now then? I need it in my life!

Thanks for the replies

I was told that they were expecting the induction kits in on 28th. Im hopefully back down on weds to get mine fitted

The KW is no where as harsh as the Cup/Eibach setup even on standard settings. The damping is far superior with the KW

Last edited:
Great stuff :smile: some suberb upgrades and them discs so look huge, may I ask what the rough cost was as thinking of something same for myself :smiley:

Erm...with the parts, labour etc i think i had ebough change from 3k for a bag of chips on the way home

I will give the car a clean when i get in a put some more pictures up

Also going to be changing the look for the car a little

Cant wait to give it another spanking round Cadwell Park

Scott:

Not at Hyundai anymore, I work for [cough] Lotus