underseat sub

ryan197

POW right in the kisser
Platinum Member
fitted a pioneer underseat sub a few weeks back, also running pioneer direct replacements in the front and replaced the backs with pioneer, over all a good upgrade the sub gives enough bass to stop the system sounding flat, to be honest its more bass then i thought id get, in all thou, the whole upgrade cost me about £300 (sub/speakers). the sub also comes with its own wiring loom which i thought was cool, with some drilling the brackets with the sub fit perfect to the seats brackets.

heres some pics of it fitted
27042011117.jpg
27042011116.jpg
27042011115.jpg

run the permament live from the battery, remote live from the lighter socket, speaker to rca converter (part of the new loom)from back speakers connected into the renault to speaker lead so i didnt have to cut into the cars loom.

theres a big rubber grommet that the loom and bonnet release cable runs through. Ran through that. It was easier to come off the lighter as my head unit is under the drivers seat and was a bitch to get to, and the cables behind the changer in the dash were tiny and was abit concerned bout cutting into then. Plus if im ever waiting in the car i can turn the ignition off and listen to the radio with the sub off and not drain the battery.

i wedged a screwdriver down the side and levered it enough to get a gap 2 fit my small power cable/rubber hose through. It proved difficult to pierce/drill the rubber, so went down the side of it.

what gauge wiring did you guys use on the underseat subs?

my current sub came with a 10 gauge wiring kit & i have a friend with the same pioneer underseat but he didn't do the install so won't know what cables being used, if i can use it with my wiring kit i'll give it a try as i could do with the boot space

also did you go for passenger or drivers seat?

The cabasse head unit is under the drivers so i had to put it under the passager. The pioneer underseat sub i got came with its own loom, for both power and two different audio looms (speaker input or rca input). The power cable very very small gauge cable, all cables are fused ect all you got to do is fitt it in.

Cool, ill stick with what i got as i paid £89 for it only a few months ago, but for the future i'll definitely look into the underseat option, i'll wait til i can sell on this sub first

I know next time i have a girlfriend i gotta have that underseat in there :wink: