Any fitted a underseat sub?

sure there was someone that had done it.
was either that or a under seat amp, but sure it was a sub.

Just done a search his was a pioneer one, used RCA cables I believe. This is a kenwood one and doesn't have RCA cables

Just tells me to use speaker cables.

Would be a easy job if it was on a aftermarket headunit but it's going on the std one

Wont the vibrations tickle your balls and put you off driving, or is that the point? Cos you can just get them vibrating 12v pillows :wink:

Last edited:
Just done a search his was a pioneer one, used RCA cables I believe. This is a kenwood one and doesn't have RCA cables

Just tells me to use speaker cables.

Would be a easy job if it was on a aftermarket headunit but it's going on the std one

knew someone had done it.
at least now you know it can be done.

My pioneer came with a loom with a choice to use either rca or a speaker input, i used speaker and wired off the rear speakers

Meh. Sending it back, really can't be doing with choping my speaker wires and putting a new bit in the loom. Didn't spend this much on a car to chop the wires

Well i upgraded the rears to pioneers and used renault speaker adapters and cut into these

I had an underseat sub in my MR2. Installation is pretty easy, the hardest part is getting power from the battery. The power cable supplied with mine was a few meters long so you shouldn't need to worry about that. You don't need to cut any speaker wires if you use an RCA cable (the cable with a red and a white coloured ends, also known as a phono cable). Make sure you buy a shielded RCA cable though as otherwise it will pick up interference and it makes your subwoofer sound like a turbo when you accelerate!

If I decide to install mine then I'll write a 'How-to'.

Did you get a speaker to rca converter, i used this that came with the sub and wired it into the rear speakers, cutting into the renault speaker adapter lead.

Sorry to jump in chaps but with the standard head unit is their a power out-put to
turn the amp on?
Done a quick search but found nothing on this, I know fitting a new head unit would cure all
prob's rca's and remote turn on but would it be poss with standard head unit!

Clio 200 11 Reg

Last edited:
There maybe a one in the aux out plug, not main remote like on after market, i used the ignition live to the fag lighter and fitted a switch turn it off if needed.