Ultra Red Clio 200: Project Clubsport

Discussion in 'Projects/Progress Threads' started by Christopher, Mar 21, 2017.

1. R32pete

R32pete Paid Member

Hong Kong
    Clio 200 cup, Gallardo LP570-4
    looks pretty decent with the trim on and no gaitor you could get a red knob too CAE-Ultra-Shifter_100_b10.jpg

peter, Christopher and TrackM3 like this.

2. Christopher

Christopher Paid Member

Manchester
    200 Clubsport
    That's kinda special. Hmm!

3. Christopher

Christopher Paid Member

Manchester
    200 Clubsport
    Just imagine the shortest, most mechanical feeling shift ever, but they're completely solid.

Without using one, it's hard to describe them.

Pav likes this.
  4. Christopher

Christopher Paid Member

Manchester
    200 Clubsport
    Big update time.
    FINALLY took delivery of my new seats on Friday. Two Corbeau Clubsports in standard size. First impressions are they they're SNUG in standard size, I'd say anyone over a 34" waist would struggle to be comfy! Much more so that the Pole Position I was using previously. Fitted the frames to the sidemounts on the driver's side and the sliders for the passenger. Ten minutes at the most.

[​IMG]

The quality is absolutely bang on, and for the price you really can't beat them. With the extra snugness over the PP, I actually find them comfier too. Bonus.

Fitted:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The finished interior:

[​IMG]

I couldn't be happier with how it turned out really. So glad that I snapped up the red belts when I saw them.

Next up - Fit my Varley dry-cell battery and X85 airbox, then the major service/belts at the end of the month. I'm also having the outer steering arms changed for new ones, new discs/pads all round, as well as rear suspension and lower engine mount polybushes fitted. It should feel fresh after all that.

Chris

Plummer, peter, R32pete and 3 others like this.
  5. BenAG200

BenAG200 Paid Member

Interior looks great mate. I've always wanted a CAE too, wish they were cheaper!

Christopher likes this.
  6. kevlar

kevlar Gold Member

Those are some seriously nice seats!

Christopher likes this.
  7. Christopher

Christopher Paid Member

Manchester
    200 Clubsport
    Thanks, I'm really happy with them. CAE to finish off the interior now...

kevlar likes this.
  8. kevlar

kevlar Gold Member

Dont forget those vents!

Christopher likes this.
  9. kevlar

kevlar Gold Member

Perhaps I shouldnt have, just started to look at the prices for these, they seem a good price...can I ask what seat mounts you used also does it lower the seat position compared to the recaros - pardon my ignorance.

In my car I have the original recaros, but with the harness in place would be good to have the lower cut outs for them...jesus, what is it with this forum...my wifes going to kill me!!!!!!

Beany and ///M like this.
  10. Christopher

Christopher Paid Member

Manchester
    200 Clubsport
    I've not decided on colour yet, but it's on the cards!
    Haha! Do it! Like you, I had the standard Recaros and I always found them too high, not very comfortable and not that supportive around the shoulders.

Re subframe setup, I have Sparco Clio 3 subframes (avoid the OMP ones like the plague) and then the seats come with their own runners, so the subframes just bolt together. Really easy installation.

I've mounted the driver's side on fixed sidemounts to eliminate as much flex as possible, and I didn't need the adjustment as it's only me that drives the car. They're a thousand times better than the OE Recaros, sit much lower and make you feel more connected with the driving experience. Worth every penny.

kevlar likes this.
  11. kevlar

kevlar Gold Member

Can I ask where you bought them from seat & subframes...

12. Christopher

Christopher Paid Member

Manchester
    200 Clubsport
    Direct from Corbeau mate. They're sold out of my batch already though!

You'll have to pay and pre-order for the June batch now

13. kevlar

kevlar Gold Member

Just looking its quite confusing! on the GSM site (think this is where you bought the frames?) is this what I would need?

I can see a runner kit:

http://www.sportseats4u.co.uk/sparco-seat-sliding-rails/prod_764.html

And the frame kit:

http://www.sportseats4u.co.uk/brand...clio-mk3-direct-fit-sub-frames/prod_1730.html

Seats on Corbeau site:

https://www.corbeau-seats.com/products/fixed/clubsport-cat/clubsport.html

Like you im a little 'vertically challenged' at 5'7 - so would need the ability to move the drivers seat, same as you passenger seats never used so fixed would be fine.

Thanks Chris appreciate your help!

14. Christopher

Christopher Paid Member

Manchester
    200 Clubsport
    Haha, no worries mate. It's simpler than that. I was as confused as you are before I ordered, it seems a complete minefield!

So when you order the seats from Corbeau directly, they already come with sliders from Corbeau, so you don't need extras.

The ONLY other thing you need would be two subrames that the sliders bolt to (with four M8 bolts and nylock nuts from B&Q)

So once you've placed your order with Corbeau, call GSM Performance and order two Sparco direct fit subframes. They're sided, so you'll need one driver's side and one passenger, obviously. I hope that helps.

Let me know if you need anything else, I can always take pictures etc.

Wisenatcho likes this.
  15. kevlar

kevlar Gold Member

Ok think I got it so seats and the frames in link below...ok time to save those pennies up!

http://www.sportseats4u.co.uk/brand...clio-mk3-direct-fit-sub-frames/prod_1730.html

16. Christopher

Christopher Paid Member

Manchester
    200 Clubsport
    kevlar likes this.
  17. ///M

///M Gold Member

RB R27#312 & an ///M
    At LAST!!! And my god weren't they worth the wait?

Looks absolutely spectacular mate. Good move on the belts too. You must be thrilled.

How's the driving experience now they're fitted? Must have shed some weight and helped the COG no end!

18. R32pete

R32pete Paid Member

Hong Kong
    Clio 200 cup, Gallardo LP570-4
    They look great! what made you go for them over the pole positions? tbh theres not much between them cosmetically.

19. Big Ben

Big Ben Paid Member

Herts
    Looks brilliant Christopher. No wonder your chuffed..!

20. Christopher

Christopher Paid Member

Manchester
    200 Clubsport
    Cheers mate! Yeah, I'm over the moon with them. They really have transformed it, and they weigh absolutely nothing!

I can't stop driving it. Haha.

Price mate, frankly. For around £1200 I can buy the Clubsports and have them fully retrimmed in leather and grey Alcantara. The same in Pole Positions comes in at around £1800 plus taxes and shipping from Germany. Plus subframes and sliders etc.

I'll probably get them retrimmed with the headlining early next year. :smiley:

R32pete, kevlar and ///M like this.