Ultra Red Clio 200: Project Clubsport

had a look at those subframes ... any idea why they're only suitable for earlier models (till 2010)?

Last edited:
love the seats mate, cant wait for mine to come now! how easy was it to fit the seat belts through them? im gonna do the same as i cant be arsed with harnesses.

Reactions: Christopher
love the seats mate, cant wait for mine to come now! how easy was it to fit the seat belts through them? im gonna do the same as i cant be arsed with harnesses.

Very easy. Unbolt the bottom bolt and feed through the seat, bolt it up again.

The buckle needs to be drilled into the subframe and fixed with a 10mm bolt.

the long wait is over..happy for you mate..now you wont be going anywhere when turning in :sunglasses:

Seats look lovely. And belts look superb. Great vision !!

Might have missed it - but are you going the harnesses route ?

Only thing that would bug me is the belts draped over the corner of the seats in the unworn position.

Take my anal-ness with a (large) dose of salt mind :smile:

Seats look lovely. And belts look superb. Great vision !!

Might have missed it - but are you going the harnesses route ?

Only thing that would bug me is the belts draped over the corner of the seats in the unworn position.

Take my anal-ness with a (large) dose of salt mind :smile:

Cheers dude.

The belts feed through the harness holes at the bottom when you're sat in the car, so there's no binding over the top of the material etc. When they're unbelted, they just sit on the seat so there's no real chance of abrasion etc with no weight on them.

The Clubsports have Alcantara patches where the might wear most, so the wings and lower bolsters. Handy too! Something that the Pole Positions didn't have.

I won't be using harnesses either. I don't like them being secured to the floor in the back and the hassle of harnesses is something I've done before. It's a road car first. That's always been my thought process for the project.

Thanks for your help mate. seats came today, lovely seats but just by sitting in them and rocking from side to side i get what everyones saying about the flex in the runners.

glad you are happy with them..nothing better than being all snug while driving around a track..

hope you are ok and no one you know was at the MEN last night :fearful:

Hi mate, really enjoyed reading this progress thread, car is looking brilliant. Any updates/news on the CAE purchase?

Cheers dude. I really need to update it now that Photobucket have crashed all my images! :tired:

No major changes recently; I've been focusing on getting it ready for Oulton in August. It's had the huge major service (everything changed plus all fluids) and both belts changed, plus the dephaser and water pump. Also new discs and pads all around, HEL braided lines and ATE fluid, as well as a full Powerflex polybush handling pack and all polybushed engine mounts.

So I've probably spent enough to have bought a CAE and a Safety Devices cage! :tearsofjoy: Servicing and maintenance isn't as sexy to write about though! It's a totally different animal to drive now though! Roll on Oulton! :sunglasses:

Just a cheap do then Christopher?

:smiley:

I'm one of those that really gets a kick out of good maintenance. So worth doing right.