Tyre help...!!

Need some new tyres on the front of my 197, currently have contis on there and i think their appalling in the rain, any suggestions on a good grip tyre in the rain but not too pricey?

Out of interest, how much tread is left on your conti's? I've used them on nearly all of the cars I've owned and they are excellent tyres, until the last 3mm... Then it's like driving on ice in the wet!

They have about 2.5mm all round. So if i go by what your saying then yes they are like driving on ice in the wet.
What could anybody recommend as a replacement?

Regards

Out of interest, how much tread is left on your conti's? I've used them on nearly all of the cars I've owned and they are excellent tyres, until the last 3mm... Then it's like driving on ice in the wet!
+1
Just took changed mine at 2.0 mm, car had no front end grip at all.
If your only using on road then cont 5`s or eagle f2`s
Odd track day Yokohama ad08`s

Last edited:
I bought the new Toyo T1s's last time, and they are bang average.
Average price, average grip (wet&dry), average wear rate, average noise!

If you want a tyre 'that'll do' then its perfect. Don't get me wrong, it's not going to suddenly give up on you, lose grip and kill you (like some Chinese cheapo tyre). But it's not going to win you any traffic light championships, if that's your thing.

I have never rated the Contis even when new, a truly average tyre. Look at the Bridgestone Potenza RE050A, fantastic tyre wet or dry. Just make sure its the RE050A and not the RE050, that letter A at the end make a big difference.

Out of interest do the bridgestone or the yokohama have a good wear life?

I got 13,500 miles from the Bridgestones on the front on a 270bhp (400 nm torque) focus ST and that was right down to 1.6mm. The rears still had about 3 1/2mm still left.

Similar Thread Suggestions