Another Tyre thread, need help though

Gez

Moderator & South Wales Rep
Hi all,

First of all, who ever won the 215/45-17 brand new set of 4 conti 3's for £275, you just outbid me :worried:

Anyway, needing 2 tyres asap as mine are getting on the low side.

Conti 3's still on the back, looking for something that'll match these, and not oversteer/under steer because of the different quality. Can't get 3's anymore.

1) Yokohama A520's
2) Conti 5's
3) hankook k110
4) Other, specify?

Reviews on what you've used would be appreciated

Gez

Last edited:
AD08's dude!!

Got them on the front and conti's on the back.

I love em!!

Saying that my conti's are done now tho, and buying some AD08's for the rear tomoro.

Got mine for 117 each delivered from black circles!

Hankooks are a bargain @ £165 for a pair too

I'd go for the Ad08's mate if I was changing all 4, think they'll be a little overpowering on the front?

you'll find the back end will step out if you only put AD08's on the front,a mate of mine called smoggy mark on here had this problem so he put them on the rear as well,superb tyres and look awesome

Yeah exactly, that's what I'm saying. Don't fancy bringing that onto the car, when I need 4 I will go for them.

Are they an improvement over the conti 3's? I'm quite impressed with them tbf.

I'm thinking the hankooks then? Just for a front pair

Where do you get the a520's from, i thaught they were an old tyre.

Carnt comment on the clio but can highly recomend either goodyear asymetric 2's or bridgstone re050's for somthing similar to the conti's

rick

you'll find the back end will step out if you only put AD08's on the front,a mate of mine called smoggy mark on here had this problem so he put them on the rear as well,superb tyres and look awesome

I've noticed this a tad.

So be good to get my others on the back this week.

No ones mentioned the Potenza's. Easily comparable to the Conti's and they feel good on the front (with SC3's on the rear).

Just found caMskill have conti 3's in stock :smiley: and only £94

Check they are the same speed/load rating, they had some this price when i looked but were the lower rated ones.

No ones mentioned the Potenza's. Easily comparable to the Conti's and they feel good on the front (with SC3's on the rear).

I have this combo too, well recomended for the road.