Txt Spk...

From midnight tonight I'm going to start editing or/and deleting any posts that are blatantly in Txt Spk. The neighbourhood has started to wane lately and the more common this gets, the more common it will continue to get until those of us with brains are the minority. :bat:

Txt spkrs u av bin warneddd.

Does that mean at midnight you will edit your last sentence :rofl:

Hahaha!!! :smiley:

I might just edit it into Pirate English instead, probably still make more sense than Txt Spk anyway.

At the moment, it's a bit like living on a nice street and looking out the window to see that the house over the road has just been sold to a load of pikeys. You know more are going to follow and it's going to devalue your house and eventually people will look at you as if you're a gypsy too. But there's not really much you can do to stop it...

Such is life. :smile:

Since most text speak is just that, I propose we implement a swear filter that just swaps txt spk cack into their real world counterparts.

Jesus, is it that big of a deal?

This forum is getting ridiculously anal about the stupidest of things.

It ain't anal at all. Text speak no longer has it place in the world of today. Every modern phone has full keyboards. No need really.

The reason text speak was useful, was because of the limitations on sending a single text message, so removing characters was a sensible option. Now data is essentially free (using YOU instead of U costs no more money). I think it is down to laziness, or that's how it comes across.

Each to their own though.

Or do I mean 'there'... That's a whole other can of worms :wink:

At its base level its just a downright rude and lazy way of posting, i've got to the point where i cant be arsed replying to a post that looks like its been wrote by a 6 year old using their first mobile phone....

Apart from when i feel the need to take the p!ss that is

Admit it, everyone that has posted in this thread, checked, then double checked their spelling. :smiley:

I'm a little on the fence on this:
Text Speak: Hell no, stop being lazy/difficult/stupid some people must spend more time trying to figure out how to spell it in Text Speak than if they'd just written the bloody word!
Bad Spelling: As much as some of the more common ones like "brought" instead of "bought" annoy me, I do pretty often mangle the keyboard too quickly in my frantic panic to post, resulting in me looking equally as dumb. Picking on spelling is a little bit too grammar Nazi for me.
Abbreviations IMO, these are just fine :wink:

Everyone makes mistakes with spellings now and then, that's not a problem. Same with abbreviations, don't really mind that as most people know what they mean anyway. Itz wen ppl type lyk dis dat meks me mad.

t's mr fnny t jst rmv ll th vwls frm yr pst, tht wy t lks lk txt spch bt sn't nd yt stll psss vryn ff!

http://www.togglecase.com/convert_to_disemvowelled_text.php

Since most text speak is just that, I propose we implement a swear filter that just swaps txt spk cack into their real world counterparts.

Does that mean i can post in text speak and it will auto correct for me looking like i can spell correctly?

I'm in :poke:

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
tspringbett Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust and Air Intake 1