Txt Spk...

Willis

The Gatekeeper
Platinum Member
Right...

It's becoming more common on here.

So, to put it politely, pack it the f?ck in. It makes my brain hurt.

Thanks.

lol, i slip the odd word in now and then, i dont think some of you young ones realise that txt speak existed before phones :wink:

Not just that mate, every phone has corrective text now anyway so if you're posting from a phone you have to actively override the corrections!!! Make it stop, make it stop, I can't deal with it!!! :bat:

I admit to using imo and tbh but that is all. Seems to be a habbit that I cannot break :/

Abbreviations are one thing, going out of your way to type like a retard is another lol.

One that gets me is when people shorten words by changing letters around?!

Abbreviations are one thing, going out of your way to type like a retard is another lol.

One that gets me is when people shorten words by changing letters around?!
Totally agree! This made me laugh so much :smile:

When people write 'brought' when they mean 'bought' I get an overwhelming urge to correct them!
Agree with this also! There are so many different examples of this too it's painful! Granted there are those out there who are genuinely dyslexic but there are also those who are not ;-)

Last edited:
When people write 'brought' when they mean 'bought' I get an overwhelming urge to correct them!

When I first noticed people trying brought rather than bought, someone posted an image of a keyboard with text along the lines of "when you see a typo and you check to see if the keys are next to each other to see if its acceptable"

And seeing 'r' is nowhere near the rest bought, made me rage and lol at the same time haha

Wckd init

Lets have a seperate section for it, then let no one have access to it :rofl:

From midnight tonight I'm going to start editing or/and deleting any posts that are blatantly in Txt Spk. The neighbourhood has started to wane lately and the more common this gets, the more common it will continue to get until those of us with brains are the minority. :bat:

Txt spkrs u av bin warneddd.

Jesus, is it that big of a deal?

This forum is getting ridiculously anal about the stupidest of things.

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
tspringbett Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust and Air Intake 1