trust....

Ok so let's say in this scenario you're st some lights, your woman is driving and some 'Racer' pulls up along side wanting a race. Let's say in an ideal world you've got time to swap drivers, would you swap or let the woman go for it? ??

Let the woman go for it, assuming this is all happening on a private road of course :wink:

Yeagh, I honestly think my wife is a great driver. She drove most of her life in a traffic free north of Scotland. When she moved to S.E. England to be with me she was initially intimidated, but now she's great. We're now living in the north of Scotland & I've mellowed despite having grown up just south of London (Surrey). I'm in to the local ways where you move in to the left hand lane even if the outside lane is empty but she'll go down the outside no worries! However get me driving in London & I go into London mode - if I see a gap it's mine!

Reactions: Big Ben
+1 on this. Whenever mine is in the car, I'm driving.

I got no issue's with my wife driving my car. In the scale of things its a cheap work car. And its replaceable.

However - my wife knows im a detailing; clean-freak and knows im anal. What would really bug me would be other peoples dirt, the messy interior and when the first scrape on the Alloys appeared [Which wouldn't be long].

So if truth be known; i've never stopped or refused her driving my car. She just chooses not too.......

Never race off the lights, ever, you never see super cars race because they just wave at the peasants and that's how I feel in my R27. Leave it for the chavs.

Reactions: Jimmy
I'd had a drink last night haha. Not the best scenario haha. I like to think I'm a good driver though. I'm actually pretty good at parking too:smile:
I like to push the rev counter too lol

I got no issue's with my wife driving my car. In the scale of things its a cheap work car. And its replaceable.

However - my wife knows im a detailing; clean-freak and knows im anal. What would really bug me would be other peoples dirt, the messy interior and when the first scrape on the Alloys appeared [Which wouldn't be long].

So if truth be known; i've never stopped or refused her driving my car. She just chooses not too.......

Sort of what I meant..

My gf is not insured to drive my car, but I'm insured to drive hers and whenever we go out together in her car - I am always driving...

Your mrs sounds like a very smart lady! Fair play to her.

Reactions: sevenfourate
Sort of what I meant..

My gf is not insured to drive my car, but I'm insured to drive hers and whenever we go out together in her car - I am always driving...

Your mrs sounds like a very smart lady! Fair play to her.

So basically - vehicle irrelevant - Chris always takes control :admin:

We are fully insured on each others and the eldest sons Meg. However she sticks to wrecking what she actually owns :smile:

Reactions: Chris
So basically - vehicle irrelevant - Chris always takes control :admin:

We are fully insured on each others and the eldest sons Meg. However she sticks to wrecking what she actually owns :smile:

Funnily enough last night went to a work do of hers and she actually drove there - a very rare occasion! She doesn't like me commenting on her driving though

"you're too close to that car"

To which she replies

"I know"

To which I reply

"If you know that means your tailgating them on purpose"

She backs off.

Lold.

"you're too close to that car"

My other half suffers the same habit, I'm sat there on breaking point with my stress levels!

Best cure is to close your eyes, try and sleep and wait for the whole experience to blow over!

My other half suffers the same habit, I'm sat there on breaking point with my stress levels!

Best cure is to close your eyes, try and sleep and wait for the whole experience to blow over!

Well I cured it by looking at Clio197.net on my phone and just let her get on with it.

You lost me at 'your woman'... :smiley:

I've never let a girlfriend drive any of my cars - not out of any trust issues, just because there's never been an opportunity for it to happen. In that situation though, I think it would be quite appealing to have a 'girl-racer' in my life :smiley:

Reactions: sevenfourate