#Trophy save the date

My gut says they won't put an LSD in, so people have to opt for the pricier Meg for that luxury.

If it is a Clio Trophy my guess is:

- Sportier or cup suspension (but not Ohlins)
- Slight power hike to around 210bhp
- Quicker gearshifts of the auto 'box
- Recaros
- Akrapovic (this would be a nice touch)
- Couple of cosmetic changes & limited edition colour

Obviously would love to see some dramatic changes like a manual 'box though! Either way I will be looking forward to the 3rd :smile:

Akrapović have already said they are not doing an exhaust for the Clio due to the small numbers of cars sold

I also doubt that they will put öhlins on

Paint and recaros maybe

As for manual box I'd be suprised but we can hope

Trendline Recaros, Sach suspension, unique 1 colour. And Turini alloys as standard.

Definately won't be 3 door, LSD or a manual. And I've not heard anything on the Ohlins grape vine.

Got to put this in the mix and say it might not even be a clio, Twingo perhaps

Last edited:
Definately won't be 3 door, LSD or a manual. And I've bit heard anything on the Ohlins grape vine.

normally an actual rs version of the car has to be out before they give it the Trophy make over. I REALLY hope its a Cio with a manual box, if not a crisp responsive auto.

normally an actual rs version of the car has to be out before they give it the Trophy make over. I REALLY hope its a Cio with a manual box, if not a crisp responsive auto.

Can't see it being a manual. Too much development cost and totally going away from the new Renault idealology. Probably new quicker software.

Definately won't be 3 door, LSD or a manual. And I've not heard anything on the Ohlins grape vine.

I have been thinking it might not be the Clio too. It seems reallyyy early in the mk4's life to bring out a Trophy version. I would expect Renault to build up to the Trophy with some special editions etc first and then offer the Trophy nearer the end of its life or after a facelift.

Everyone talking about LSD's... The clio has Renault Sports new 'E-LSD' which to be fair I find works quite well so can't really see them replacing something they spent time and money developing..?

Or it could be Renault trying to pump the mk4 sales because they've been so poor?

Don't think Renault gives much of a damn about UK sales.

Though should you choose to believe Renaults own sales info for the 1st half of 2014:

EUROPE
In a growing market (+6.5%), in contrast to 2013, the Group sold 776,236 vehicles (+18%) and took PC+LCV market share of 10.2% (+1 point).

Group sales increased by 18% with 776,236 units sold. PC+LCV market share increased by 1 point to 10.2%. Group sales grew substantially across nearly all countries. The most substantial growth was recorded in Portugal (+68%), United-Kingdom (+65%), Ireland (+52%), Spain (+35%) and the Nordic countries (+37%).

Clio was still the best-selling vehicle on the French market at end-June, and the third best-selling vehicle in Europe[1].

The Group became a recognised expert in the urban crossover segment with Captur, first in the B segment in Europe, and Duster, third in the C segment[2] (and first in France).

So sounds from that they are not doing too badly (pinch of salt maybe!?).

There's so many Mk4 Clios on the road over here. Kind of like the article above suggests, Captur, Clio and Duster have all been very popular.

Though I'm sure the percentage of RS Clios sold is about 0.1% of total Clio sales! I only know of a handful on the road here.

When i say MK4, i mean MK4 RS (200T). Which is a different ball game altogether. I see plenty of MK4 Clio's on the road, although someone told me recently the 200T sales were only a few 100?

When i say MK4, i mean MK4 RS (200T). Which is a different ball game altogether. I see plenty of MK4 Clio's on the road, although someone told me recently the 200T sales were only a few 100?

I could well believe that!

Similar Thread Suggestions