#Trophy save the date

The gordini aint too bad in real life, at 100ft, with your eyes closed. Just a massive disappointment on what it could have been. I feel this is going to be the same.

I am disgusted at your lack of vision dan!!! lmao. The coloring is nice, but the stripes, meh. I even own one and I'd agree :wink:

Power bump, reconfigured gearbox (Still flappy paddles but quicker in every way), fancy dampers and cooler seats.

Since the Juke nismo rs uses a manual lsd box which by the one and only article I read about it is a pretty good shifting one, then I would be hugely disappointed if this revised clio stays automatic..... Brembo's - doubt it, recaros maybe, slight power increase, sure, the nismo juke has more torque in manual then in automatic, such is also the case for the 1.8 tsi polo gti, the dsg get limited torque to save the box, all adds up to a manual clio being quite possible... and it would be a nail in the coffin for the clio if renault fails to deliver this time...

Id put money on it not being manual. It just makes no sense with the way tech is going. Still, im looking forward to the 3rd.

Its just going to a gordini style limited edition isnt it.

I doubt it, one of the big wigs at Renault last year was caught in an interview saying that using the Gordini name was a "mistake" and that they should never have used it on a cheap stickers and trim model. He confirm IF they ever used it again it would be on a serious machine, but they have the Trophy moniker for that job, so I'd be surprised to see it again any time soon. Also the picture Angel posted has #Trophy on it, which is a bit of a give away :smiley:.

Personally I think a few people have hit the nail on the head, it'll be some electronic trickery with the 'box and map on the car, some limited edition paint and wheels. That doesn't necessarily have to be a bad thing though, if they go nuts on the ECU and give some aggresive shift times and another 20-30bhp, throw in some fixed buckets and you've got something that'll stand out in the market place, and might even win back some proper hot hatch fans (like the 10k+ people who've been out and bought the Ford recently).

Note: I'm not hating on the existing model, it's a perfectly good car, I went out in Rob's car and it was a lovely machine. But when I suggested to the Mrs that we could look at getting one, even she said it was "too soft and not special enough", maybe the above changes could put it back in to play, even more so if they give it back some of the options (Xenon, Bucket Seats, etc.)

Last edited:
Somehow don't think the announcement is going to be another megane trophy a few months after the 275 trophy...

That post contradicts itself

How can you have launch control and a manual box...?

Just the usual Journalist BS as usual. No real info... so make it up!

EDIT. On a re-read. They could be referring to the current model with this comment. TBC

As the new 200 turbo was a complete disaster as far as Renault are concerned, i bet you all anything its something that will shift cars...at the end of the day that's what its all about.
Looking at a model of car that's not selling, they'll tag it on to the Trophy brand and try sell it as something else as the current sales pitch clearly isn't cutting it. (Nissan Juke outsold the Clio 3 to 1, the pre-owned prices crashed on day 2, all the major reviews were negative and so forth)

Renault are facing an issue they're new to, all their customers are either stood looking at a new ST in their garage or the few who stayed with Renault will be sitting in a Megane already. I'd be amazed if anybody bothers switching back regardless of what rubbish version of it they throw out this week.

Might aswell just call it the final edition and have done with this generation. As much as i love RS cars, the boats sailed on this one so to speak.

As the new 200 turbo was a complete disaster as far as Renault are concerned, i bet you all anything its something that will shift cars...at the end of the day that's what its all about.
Looking at a model of car that's not selling, they'll tag it on to the Trophy brand and try sell it as something else as the current sales pitch clearly isn't cutting it. (Nissan Juke outsold the Clio 3 to 1, the pre-owned prices crashed on day 2, all the major reviews were negative and so forth)

Renault are facing an issue they're new to, all their customers are either stood looking at a new ST in their garage or the few who stayed with Renault will be sitting in a Megane already. I'd be amazed if anybody bothers switching back regardless of what rubbish version of it they throw out this week.

Might aswell just call it the final edition and have done with this generation. As much as i love RS cars, the boats sailed on this one so to speak.

yet again, Renault do not care if they have lost a few hundred ''hardcore fans'' in the UK. In Europe its selling alot more, all this criticism is starting to annoy me :nope:

Similar Thread Suggestions