Tried to and failed

michaelsyer

Gold Member
I tried to change the dipped beam bulb and failed and gave up after cutting my hands about 10 times i look like edward scissor hands now. Looks like this weekend is going to be spent removing the entire headlight surround yay. Any how tos on that? i followed the how to on the removing bulbs its a great guide i just couldnt do it ://

I tried to change the dipped beam bulb and failed and gave up after cutting my hands about 10 times i look like edward scissor hands now. Looks like this weekend is going to be spent removing the entire headlight surround yay. Any how tos on that? i followed the how to on the removing bulbs its a great guide i just couldnt do it ://
Halford's!

Reactions: Lewjew
Halford's!

Normally I wouldn't dream about paying someone to change a light bulb, but as changing the Clio bulbs is nigh on impossible, £12 for them to change both headlights is well worth the money.

Its also quite amusing watching the bloke struggle as well!

Normally I wouldn't dream about paying someone to change a light bulb, but as changing the Clio bulbs is nigh on impossible, £12 for them to change both headlights is well worth the money.

Its also quite amusing watching the bloke struggle as well!

Pretty sure Renault had a good £40 out of me for a headlight bulb change last year, said it'd be a bumper off job but I think they managed it without!

Pretty sure Renault had a good £40 out of me for a headlight bulb change last year, said it'd be a bumper off job but I think they managed it without!

That wouldn't surprise me, when I had my fiesta, they tried charging me £120 to change a front fog bulb!

The lady on the phone said the whole unit needed replacing, so I said they may as well fix it while they had the car. When I came to collect the car a bloke was going through the work that had been done. When I realised they had changed the bulb and not the whole unit I politely told them to take it out and I will change it myself. Ended up paying a couple of quid for a new bulb and a 30 second job to fit it

It makes you wonder how they come up with the pricing for these jobs

Reactions: RossWoods93
Some people seem to really struggle, some manage it straight away. I did all mine (with great difficulty) apart from one of the sidelight bulbs, left it on my seat with a polite note when my car was in the garage and they did it for me.

It is definitely not a bumper off job IMO

The first time you even look down at the fittings you do tend to think WTF?! :smiley: It's really not too bad, although I have quite small hands so that definitely helps!

My N/S dipped is being a ba$tard. No matter how many times I try and refit it, it's always pointing up! It's a solid fit and can't seem to get it any other way in there. Car has MOT next month so it's stressing me out a bit. Maybe I should swap the bulb from the main beam and see if that makes any difference?
9fb981e20c5abf8eb1efd8dade7e753c.jpg

I have the standard headlights so can look through the lens to see the bulb rather than doing it blind. Still got scratched to bits!

My tools for that right side bulb was: long pliers, led flashlight and mirror. 5 min job..
You need small hands.