I tried...and failed miserably!

This morning I got all my gear together, bulbs, tools etc...

I have read numerous guides and threads explaining how to change the headlight bulbs so felt well prepared. However I managed to change two of the six bulbs! The passenger side is pretty much impossible! I honestly do not know how you guys have done it. I really don't! My hands are absolutely shredded, my patience has been put to the absolute max! I am now off to the pub to try and calm down. :swear:

i did mine when i took my bumper off. i didnt want shredded hands

if your close to leicester il gladly help you do it

Yea I'm near Leicester too if you need help from me or Kenny. He's good at taking the bumper off! I do it with the bumper on. Changed 6. The passenger side is a bitch, I'm guessing you've taken the battery cover and auxiliary air pipe off?

I managed to do it and I have big hands. Its not easy I'll admit but its not impossible. I did a guide which is linked in my signature below.

Thanks guys! I'm from derby...but I would be seriously consider it after all the swearing I've done today! The next step is trying to get the bumper off...is that fairly easy to do ? Once the bumpers off is the idea to take the headlight unit out ?

I bet the halfords lads would be pissed if I turned up lol!

Also I've got xenon headlights and my plan was to change the cornering bulb, but I couldn't even see that shocker!

I think xenons would be more difficult too as you can't see what your doing through the projector. The key is just patience and try not to get angry cause that just makes it impossible.
Kenny (Ashton) is in north Leicester so not a million miles away from derby :smile:

i got the dealer to mine under warrenty, he tried for a min and whipped the headlight off and did it, then put it back on and it took less than 10 mins.

far better way imo.

It doesn't take long to get the front bumper off and take the headlight units out which makes it a piece of piss

Thanks guys! I'm from derby...but I would be seriously consider it after all the swearing I've done today! The next step is trying to get the bumper off...is that fairly easy to do ? Once the bumpers off is the idea to take the headlight unit out ?

I bet the halfords lads would be pissed if I turned up lol!

Also I've got xenon headlights and my plan was to change the cornering bulb, but I couldn't even see that shocker!

Ah.....that's why......you're from Derby!!!

6 quid, halfords, get someone else to butcher there hands

Really? I asked when I bought a bulb as a stopgap and their system came up saying do not attempt!

When I did mine I just undid the bumper, I think it took about an hour to do the job in total. It also meant being able to take the headlight units out and get the bulbs out and back in nice and easily - no feeling around for clips and wires.

Really? I asked when I bought a bulb as a stopgap and their system came up saying do not attempt!

When I did mine I just undid the bumper, I think it took about an hour to do the job in total. It also meant being able to take the headlight units out and get the bulbs out and back in nice and easily - no feeling around for clips and wires.

the "just a clio" line helped haha best £6 ive spent on the car

Hopefully I'll be able to do this tomorrow! Are the units easy enough to take out once the bumper is off ?