Tree Sap

Does anyone know if this damages your paintwork?
The Mrs has to park the car under a tree at work and ive noticed it looks like a fine water overspray all over the car :nope:

I wouldn't imagine it'd do it any good. Anything like this that falls on the paint isn't good for it. But a car is for driving, so just wash it off when ever you can and put down a good layer of protection!

As above 3 or 4 layers of good protection and a regular wash with a good technique will be fine.

Nothing you can do about it anywhere near trees i'm afraid.

Clay bar is good at removing sap, but I've heard you must do other things after claying as it will remove any polish and wax and leave the paintwork exposed?

Good wax will protect well enough from sap as long as you get it off a.s.a.p...the only problem I've experienced with trees is petals...such as Cherry Blossom.....don't let them dry on your paint or you'll have a right job getting the stains off....epsecially if they are pink...pink means acid!!

Thanks to all for taking the time
The Mrs has ordered a "car cover' to protect the car at her place of work - costing 60 quid though!

^^....there is no way my missus would do that....infact she'd punch me in the diapram if I did it!!!

Clay bar is good at removing sap, but I've heard you must do other things after claying as it will remove any polish and wax and leave the paintwork exposed?

Correct, you must reprotect after using clay, tar remover etc

warm/hot soapy water removes tree sap,not a clay bar,sap is like treacle and how would u get that off the kitchen top,as said though,re-apply some wax protection after removing it

^^....there is no way my missus would do that....infact she'd punch me in the diapram if I did it!!!

LOL
I threatened the mrs that she'd be cleaning/waxing the car every weekend (there's no way i'd let her near cleaning it) :nope:

I had a drip of wax on my rear quarter last year, It was on there for 2 days before I had chance to wash the car.... even with 2 layers of wax on it the sap burnt through the clear and destroyed the paint - Nothing would remove it!

Similar Thread Suggestions