Tractor Boy

So, we've been having "check emissions" problems. Error message, engine light and spanner showing on the dash. We had it happen in Belgium last time we were there and I'd put it down to us having to put some crappy fuel in it.

Had the codes cleared and everything was fine for a couple of weeks but now the lights have come back on again. So we need to get it looked at. Crap timing but what can you do?

Fingers crossed it's nothing too unpleasant...

Hope the warning light amounts to nothing, Mes. Always a concern when these things come on... As you say, fingers crossed!

Good photo op with the Meg - I rarely see other 197s, let alone other R27s!

Reactions: ///M
So, we've been having "check emissions" problems. Error message, engine light and spanner showing on the dash. We had it happen in Belgium last time we were there and I'd put it down to us having to put some crappy fuel in it.

Had the codes cleared and everything was fine for a couple of weeks but now the lights have come back on again. So we need to get it looked at. Crap timing but what can you do?

Fingers crossed it's nothing too unpleasant...

I had this exact issue recently Mes, it wasn't long after having the Akra fitted and it has never happened before but i'd never heard of anyone having this issue with the exhaust... but this was the only thing I had changed on the car.

I had to drive 2 hours home from the Lake District when it first came on (I didn't have much choice and was confident that I knew the car well enough to pull over straight away at the first sign of the car behaving differently) but the car drove perfect so I wasn't too worried after the initial terror but before I got chance to take it to the garage it went off on it's own.

So hopefully it won't be anything bad for you and just something simple, it's been off for over 2 weeks now and no issues since. Keep us updated and fingers crossed!

Hope the warning light amounts to nothing, Mes. Always a concern when these things come on... As you say, fingers crossed!

Good photo op with the Meg - I rarely see other 197s, let alone other R27s!

Since we've had the car, I've seen exactly one 197 and two 200s. I really can't imagine seeing another R27. Was well happy with the R26 though!

Cheers for the positive vibes mate :thumb:

the lights are our enemies!!!cover the dash..:sweatsmile:
better have it checked Mes..

Yeah I'll get it booked in asap. We're away for a bit though so won't be for a while. Time to throw some extra miles at the BMW I think!

Great photos Mes. The different shades of blue compliment each other so well!

Thanks Matt. I always thought the Megane blue was very similar to ours. I was pretty surprised how different they were once they were next to each other!

I had this exact issue recently Mes, it wasn't long after having the Akra fitted and it has never happened before but i'd never heard of anyone having this issue with the exhaust... but this was the only thing I had changed on the car.

I had to drive 2 hours home from the Lake District when it first came on (I didn't have much choice and was confident that I knew the car well enough to pull over straight away at the first sign of the car behaving differently) but the car drove perfect so I wasn't too worried after the initial terror but before I got chance to take it to the garage it went off on it's own.

So hopefully it won't be anything bad for you and just something simple, it's been off for over 2 weeks now and no issues since. Keep us updated and fingers crossed!

Thanks mate. It's a kind of similar situ with ours by the sounds of it. Everything feels ok. No spluttering or loss of power. Runs fine.

However, something is wrong or the lights wouldn't be on. Especially seeing as we had them cleared and now they're back!

Need to get it looked at but having had a good luck on here, I'm hopeful it shouldn't be anything too serious!

Cool pic mate, the R27 makes the meg look a bit boring which isn't something I'd usually say!

Hopefully the emissions warning is just a dodgy sensor somewhere and an easy swap.

Not nice when the warning lights are up mate. Throw a few quid at it and it'll disappear soon enough:wink:

Not all gloom though...You've got a killer M3 monster to tootle around in..!

Cool pic mate, the R27 makes the meg look a bit boring which isn't something I'd usually say!

Hopefully the emissions warning is just a dodgy sensor somewhere and an easy swap.

You know what Ben, I was pleasantly surprised how great the Clio looked next to the Megane. Funny to see how similar everything is but just a bit different. Definitely clear they're close siblings!

And yeah mate, I was hopeful it was just crap fuel as it came on within 5 mins of putting it in. But it's been cleared and had three full cycles of VPower since and it's back so something needs sorting. Hopefully you're right!

Not nice when the warning lights are up mate. Throw a few quid at it and it'll disappear soon enough:wink:

Not all gloom though...You've got a killer M3 monster to tootle around in..!

Only money mate huh? One of my mantras! :smiley:

And yeah, it's going to force me back in the M3. I hardly drive it any more to be honest. A measure of how much I enjoy the Clio!

The light has gone out again.

Hadn't driven the car in ages but Mrs M had to drop me off to pick my car up after having the new brakes fitted and when we got back she said the light went out as soon as she set off after letting me out of the car.

Better.

better news are always welcome,right??happy days Mes :french:

Damn right mate. You know as well as anyone! Look at the post at the top of this page :smiley: Your pockets may be a little lighter but things are MUCH better now huh?

:track:

Reactions: Pav
Good news, Mes, hopefully that's the end of it Nothing worse than something like that gnawing away at the back of your mind. Now back to enjoying h̶e̶r̶ him!*

*They're girls, they're all girls! :smile: