Tractor Boy

That's the thing Rich, I think the Clio can look amazing with a bit of dish, only needs a little, but once I started looking in earnest, it was clear that Ultraleggera were pretty much our only choice.

Tillett seats in your car would really be a show stopper. Not a cheap do by a long way but epic weight saving and my GOD they look good. I guy I know has just put some in his Exige, they really are fantastic.

And yep, I really feel your dilemma. I'm at a similar stage with the BMW. It's either a built motor or a full on weight saving job. One is frighteningly expensive and the other is taking the car away from what it is meant to be and pushing towards being a proper track car. I have a pretty sizable mod fund just sat there doing my head in. Trying to stay sensible is rarely easy!

They seemed so comfy too which they really don't look. I could sell the CS's which would largely pay for them, but I think I'd regret selling them so then I'd have to clear space in the roof to store - which I don't relish the prospect of that!

Hmm, tough call on the M3 - either option has it's merits. Which probably means you'll end up doing both eventually :wink: At least an E46 is a platform worthy or such lavishness. Also gone are the days you could pick up a 996 gt3 for decent money so there are very few, if any, feasible cars to reach for over and above a quality built E46? Can't think of any off the top of my head.

Mes.

Had a seriously hectic couple of weeks at work due to extreme staff shortages and only just catching up here....apologies.

I also apologise for deleting 3 of your pics and all your text whilst replying....

But for me THAT picture above does all the talking needed.

Glad to hear your clearly ecstatic with Clio version 2 :smile:

Have a great weekend pal.

They seemed so comfy too which they really don't look. I could sell the CS's which would largely pay for them, but I think I'd regret selling them so then I'd have to clear space in the roof to store - which I don't relish the prospect of that!

Hmm, tough call on the M3 - either option has it's merits. Which probably means you'll end up doing both eventually :wink: At least an E46 is a platform worthy or such lavishness. Also gone are the days you could pick up a 996 gt3 for decent money so there are very few, if any, feasible cars to reach for over and above a quality built E46? Can't think of any off the top of my head.

Glad you like the BMW mate. Yeah, we have the same problem really. It's all or nothing at this stage. There's an element of switch off the modding brain and just enjoying it, that is sorely needed at times though. When I drive it, I always enjoy the hell out of it. Maybe that should be good enough.

As for the seats, the way I see it, these things are designed for some guy having to do a whole race in a completely solid car. Surely comfort and posture wise, they've got to be designed perfectly.

It's stripping the back out time then though...

:smile:

Trust me, I SO want a set of carbon Recaros.

Mes.

Had a seriously hectic couple of weeks at work due to extreme staff shortages and only just catching up here....apologies.

I also apologise for deleting 3 of your pics and all your text whilst replying....

But for me THAT picture above does all the talking needed.

Glad to hear your clearly ecstatic with Clio version 2 :smile:

Have a great weekend pal.

What a brilliant response Shuv.

No need for an apology mate, you have a life outside of this window!

We're so bloody pleased with it all. We've settled into the car, got to know it, and then all of a sudden it's gone nuts!

:smile:

Mrs M has already scheduled time this weekend for a drive.

And yeah, pretty happy with how it looks too, although it's purely functional.

Chuffed.

You and your family enjoy Easter mate.

Nothing new at the moment. Saving hard for the next stage, which will be the interior overhaul.

I think we're going to FCS as guests of Bilstein and Jade Developments which is nice. Will mean some track-time too. Be nice to finally get a chance to properly test the suspension.

For now, here's a pic of TB during a run out to Kettleshulme in Cheshire.

TB-Kettleshulme.jpg

Bloody nature hiding those amazing wheels!
Cracking news about FCS, should handle like a dream.

:smile: Cheers mate. Hats off to you for managing to say anything positive what so ever right now, let alone a thumbs up.
give credit when credit is due..and thats that photo..looks awesome on them wheels...
things happen for a reason,dont they?we will be right..thats the way things are..

Reactions: ///M
However controversial this may be I don't think I like the r27 stickers on RB!

However lovely pic

'Interior overhaul'

.....more than 'just' seats per-se Mes ?

Lovely photo for attention too :smile:

Overhaul mate :smiley: Not totally sure yet. Still testing the water with Mrs M until she settles on something she's ready to go for. I need to pull my finger out and do some mock-ups for her really.

Reactions: sevenfourate