Trackspec Clio 197

There is someone on eBay who offers the complete thing but it was like £30 and long postage from abroad so I made this for around £15 all in.

There is someone on eBay who offers the complete thing but it was like £30 and long postage from abroad so I made this for around £15 all in.

Nice work :smile:

Being anal - all that concerns me is with the amount of cleaning i do - the decals will start to lift at the corners....

They're not too bad mate. I'm pretty anal too about it and am constantly cleaning the windshield in between laps. They have lasted well even with screen cleaner and microfibre.

Finally got round to picking the gearbox up.

3043B25E-4C37-4A86-9BB4-F070B124C7E9_zpsbqhoqrzi.jpg

Looking forward to getting this fitted. Just need to order a TTV steel flywheel and may go for a paddle clutch too and of course new pressure plate and clutch bearing.

I have also just entered the Midland Speed Championship so the car will be out competing in class 1B which should be good. There should be 1 event per month plus the odd track day in between. It's going to be a busy year!

Reactions: ///M and Sean197
GoPro Hero 3 black edition. Standard microphone although I have bought an external mic but not used it yet.

That's what I'm using.... hmmmm I mounted it on top of the radio display, I'll have to try a few more mounting places

@trackspec197 another question sorry. Which size are the stickers on your rear quarters and where did you get them? I've seen a few on ebay but not sure of the size. Cheers

Just picked up a V6 Airbox to try in place of the k-tec induction. From what I've read it's supposed to perform quite well, it just means relocating the battery but I was planning on fitting a race lightweight version anyway.

I'm at Cadwell Park next Friday for another track day. Following that the car is booked in for the new gearbox to be fitted. I also have a new set of CL brake pads going in the rear, ported inlet and larger 64mm throttle body along with a set of cams going in.

So theres a fair bit happening.

Where abouts are you having gearbox fitted mate? I'll need a refurb/new one by the end of this year

Are you taking in a new box or having yours repaired? Sorry for all the questions
No my current box is in excellent shape, I'm swapping it out for an early 197 box with the close ratio cluster and a new Quaife diff. The new box has just been rebuilt. It's just a swap from old to new but fitted new clutch, pressure plate, release bearing and new ttv steel flywheel.

Reactions: ///M and Big Ben
Great work so far, thanks for sharing the vids. I was at Brands with my 197 F1 at the start of the month and got the bug again big time. If you ever do Brands or Castle Combe down south let me know it would be good to see your car with all the mods.

I really am torn as to whether to go full on and mod mine or just get a car with more power...i have an M135i as a daily which i may be tempted to track next year with more miles on or i do like the idea of a Z4M Coupe or even a Magane or Cupa 280 etc...
I just like the idea of a stripped out small car getting the better or larger more powerful ones, plus for the money i suspect modding the 197 would end up a lot cheaper. I will see how this season goes and look at it in the Winter i think!

Reactions: trackspec197
Great work so far, thanks for sharing the vids. I was at Brands with my 197 F1 at the start of the month and got the bug again big time. If you ever do Brands or Castle Combe down south let me know it would be good to see your car with all the mods.

I really am torn as to whether to go full on and mod mine or just get a car with more power...i have an M135i as a daily which i may be tempted to track next year with more miles on or i do like the idea of a Z4M Coupe or even a Magane or Cupa 280 etc...
I just like the idea of a stripped out small car getting the better or larger more powerful ones, plus for the money i suspect modding the 197 would end up a lot cheaper. I will see how this season goes and look at it in the Winter i think!

Thanks mate I've done Castle Combe quite a few times in the past as it's only an hour away from me, so I'll probably make my way down there this year so i'll let you know. After I broke the 106 I was tempted to buy a Megane 250 but my daily is a 320d touring as I towed the previous car (and now this one) and didn't really want another big car. I just love hatch backs, I know there are way quicker cars out there but christ it needs to have some serious muscle to keep ahead lol. Years back I had a Clio Trophy and that was good but the 197 has evolved a lot since then. I'll probably upgrade to a Megane RS3 at some point but for now I'll enjoy this.

Just read this thread - picking up some great info. Looks great!
Thanks mate

Reactions: Sean197