Touring cars

josh cook ( member on here )

took a big ish hit and if you watch the footage made the first nudge which caused the 2nd big pile up , looked that way anyway

shame as it was his first season after PTCC

What was the Thorney car all about today? Does that guy have a road license never mind a race one? Was all over the shop?

I was there today and was good went home before race 3 due to developing a nice sun burn haha.

John Thorne appears to just not being pushing as he can't afford to fix it... seems silly to be in touring cars if that's the case!

Bad crash in the clios but was a pretty boring race from them..

I was there too lol, only just got home the traffic trying to get out of the venue was immense! But weather was fantastic and I had great seats on paddock hill grandstand courtesy of the misses. Every touring car race was superb to watch, I slept through the rest!

Knockhill should be interesting now that they are running the circuit in reverse! Downhill and a hairpin 1st turn, not a good combo.

Knockhill should be interesting now that they are running the circuit in reverse! Downhill and a hairpin 1st turn, not a good combo.

The touring cars will be doing it the normal way around though I think. Its just a selection of events that'll be reverse.

always thought knockhill in reverse would be a great laugh. The downhill into the hairpin would be like Laguna Seca only tighter =D

Telling a colleague about it dug out some videos for anyone who is interested in reliving yesterdays action...

[YOUTUBE]Dza-oxe2eqI[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]eq6QFia_rGI[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]bkco4_Jgx4w[/YOUTUBE]

there were some pretty huge smashes yesterday, kept the marshals busy! Roll on Donington

My mate is Jack Goff in the matt black clio.

Hes very up and coming and a good driver, especially in the wet. He had an unlucky year last year by getting caught up in accidents, otherwise he would have won that championship. This year i hope he will win the championship. He had a win saturday followed by a 2nd place sunday.

The MG went well for its debut, but they really need to get rid of Neate. Both Jack Goff and Nicholas Hamilton out paced him on a test day. Since Neates accident at Silverstone, he just doesnt have it anymore.

I think MG and 888 should look at the 2nd Driver more closely. I think they should of had an up and coming driver with young blood.

I did try to get Jack a drive through WSR and MG, but MG didnt have the funds to put to the program which was a great shame.

Dick Bennetts was a little disappointed that he didnt manage to get the job of preparing the MG6 campaign, it wasnt through a lack of trying on his part.

Plato has a huge sponsor in Tesco, and they have given a huge amount of money to fund the MG project, and Neate has put in over 500k to it.

888 wanted a face lift as the vectras were getting old, and they needed a manufacturer to get them noticed again. Hence MG.

However, its funny that Newsham pushed the ex 888 vectra on to pole on his first outing.

I know Dave and Chris of ES racing, and this is a real low budget team. So to get a car onto pole on first outing was amazing and a real adrenaline boost for the team.

WSR won the first race, and that car hadnt any set up data as it was running completely new running gear. The weight and power distribution has changed since it was NASP last year.

I see the engine being developed from a bare block at WSR, as Mr Bennetts didnt want to run a NGTC engine, and BMW wanted him to develop the 2.0ltr turbo unit. As world touring cars use a 1.6 turbo engine. which isnt allowed in BTCC. BMW hope the success of the new 2.0ltr engine may lead to WTCC running 2.0ltrs instead of the current 1.6.

Paul O neil could be back rumour has it, and im sure he will do well again.

All in all a cracking weekend, especially for my other mate Daniel Llloyd who just won the scholarship with Porsche. He got a 2nd place on sunday, after dnfing on saturday due to a puncture at 140mph !! quite hair raising.

Daniel is another one to watch, he also ran in the clios 3 years ago, and has done scirocco cup and touring cars since. So landing the scholarship at Porsche is a big thing for him..

George

I'll be at Oulton Park for the full weekend, if anybody else is going then wander over my way for a few beers. :wink:

I'm going to donington on the saturday, watch the qualifing and the clio race then stop at home and see all the races on sunday on tv, no queing out of the track for me :blush:hmy:

We're going in campervan sat and sun night so we can have a few beers, stopping at the campsite right next door to the track.

Didn't manage to get in the end, but watched on telly. Excellent racing as usual, and Plato stuffed sheddon good and proper in the last race!

Similar Thread Suggestions