Tough getting into gear at high rpm

Hi all,

Bit of a strange one - at high rpm (around 7k rpm) I have to pause slightly between gear changes before it will go into gear to allow the revs to drop.

This happens in all gears so I imagine the gearbox is okay and it maybe the clutch?

The car has 52k on the clock and hasn't got any history regarding the clutch however there is no slip.

Any help would be awesome.

Sorry to hijack. What's a good fluid for the clutch? I see talk of avoiding ATE?

I'm having my clutch bled and refilled by a garage end of next week and they said they'd used 'uprated' fluid but want to make sure it isn't ATE.

Sorry to hijack. What's a good fluid for the clutch? I see talk of avoiding ATE?

I'm having my clutch bled and refilled by a garage end of next week and they said they'd used 'uprated' fluid but want to make sure it isn't ATE.

I think quite a few here are using Motul 660 with great success.....(?)

Thanks again... :smile:

This the right stuff? How much do you need to refill the clutch?

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/161133137329

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

No worries.

I can’t answer how much though (You tried Googling for a definitive answer ?).

That does look like the stuff though. Hopefully someone else will chime in.

**Ive seen two or three people posting pictures of this when they were doing fluid changes. And I’ve read a few good reports. I can’t temember who they were to tag them in to this post though. Sorry :-(

Reactions: Tony T
No worries.

I can’t answer how much though (You tried Googling for a definitive answer ?).

That does look like the stuff though. Hopefully someone else will chime in.

**Ive seen two or three people posting pictures of this when they were doing fluid changes. And I’ve read a few good reports. I can’t temember who they were to tag them in to this post though. Sorry :-(
That's okay, thanks for replying.

I'll have a quick Google.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Reactions: sevenfourate
Motul 600
Bleed the clutch and also engine mounts made a big difference for me with the shifting at higher revs. I used to struggle with 3rd on the limiter before swapping them.

I got bottles of mogul 660 and big was enough to bleed brakes and clutch..I didn't do it though,my mechanic did..

Motul 600
Bleed the clutch and also engine mounts made a big difference for me with the shifting at higher revs. I used to struggle with 3rd on the limiter before swapping them.
+1 for the engine mounts. This cured my issues with getting the car into the next gear at high revs.