top speed of 197

Roy

clio197.net legend
some body was saying its hard to get 130mph out of the 197s
as anybody got more than that.i thought 136mph was ment to
be top speed?
safley of course

151 out of mine mate never really pushed it when it was standard so I dont know.

Erm ive had 130 out of mine maybe a bit more but just the once never again stupid thing to do imo!

Nashy

its alright on a drag strip i'd never do that on public roads for fear of a ban tbh probably jail lol

some body was saying its hard to get 130mph out of the 197s
as anybody got more than that.i thought 136mph was ment to
be top speed?
safley of course

134mph ish with the shift up indicator on...takes a while to ge there after 115/120mph.

Did it when I first had the car, not done it since in case of losing my license!!!

i was thinking that woody. lot of people track them as standard
just wonderd if they got close to the top speed

tracks are great no worries of litluns running out infront of you. since i had my engine work done the change light doesnt work lol

I've hit the limiter in 6th before but i've got the early gearbox. 145mph on the clock, probably 135mph gps

crap me self at that speed mate
went round bedford track with renault driver once flat out
scared ****less

138mph (In Malorca) in the old one ,speedo reading ,Sat nav showing 133.That was with the original gearbox,never got the chance with the new box ,but it should have been slightly higher as the new box had the latter ratio's.
Best on this one is 132(on a runway) on the speedo but the car was still pulling so with a longer straight I would have thought 140 would be possible.

Got 148 on the speedo with nos, but that was on the limiter in 6th, I have the later, taller gearbox.

Don't think it'd get there without nos though I'm afraid.

151 out of mine mate never really pushed it when it was standard so I dont know.

I had mine point to 150 on the clock, still need to test it with the Road Angel but i was pretty damn impressed!

Granted i was on a nice gentle slope at the same time.

I find the car can hoon to 120 quite happily and then its just a case of hoping nothing is in the way.

I also love how solid the car feels at high speed! Which leads me to believe that the aerodynamic aids arnt just a load of crap.

I've had 135 on the speedo, would guess that's about 130 gps. The speedo was still rising at this point but I chickened out.

I also loved how solid and stable the car was at this speed, almost feels more stable than at 70mph

had about 135mph out of mine still had abit left but had to brake quite sharply because someone came out to my lane, the back end gets really light at that speed the braking lol my bum went like a rabbits nose lol

Mine did 142.9mph (should equal 230km/h if the internet converter is right lol) - with 4 ppl, luggage and 3/4 of tank. On a fairly straight road (almost a bit uphill). But after getting to 142 and a bit over 7200 revs the speedo wouldn't move a bit. Got fairly quick there tbh with all that dead weight on board :rofl: