Top gear lastnight made me realise something...........

I don't understand the fascination with supercars.. :bounce:

Yeah there super fast, look ok, brilliant in every way and dream cars.. But give me a Impreza P1 anyday!

I loved it last night, it reminded me of my childhood.
I have a Massive F40 poster and a 959 scalextric car :smile:

I used to love the 959 too, but it did look very dated last night and IMO the f40 still had the boyhood dreams!

Thought ghey both looked like they should be in a museum! Lol! Plus they both broke down!

f40 a good super car but the build quality is shocking - but i suppose being like it is ie being very light cant complain !

i still think the daddie is the maclaren f1 of the "old" briggade :foxspeed:

Nope its pants y spend 2 million and have that with zero luxury and only 444 hp when u can buy a zonda with a 7.3 merc engine thats pure luxury has 555bhp and only costs 330k

I always loved the F40 as a kid and I was fortunate enough to see one up close and have a sit in it last May when my dad was picking his new car up... It just happened to be parked up in the dealership next to an Enzo. Seeing the two together was pretty cool and the 20-odd years of development was plain to see, the Enzo was an absolute masterpiece. But, I'd have took the F40 home over the Enzo anyday of the week.

They look good on TV and in mags', but up close you really see how mental they are.

You can see and feel the carbon weave through the paint FFS!!! :smiley:

Don't know how jezza gets away with it, he was driving along with both hands off the wheel, eating, drinking etc!

Did love the F40 though, so much better than the porsche

The best of the worst series ever. Liked it all apart from the Prescott bit.

I'll have a F40 to do the Lands End - Lowestoft challenge please

Don't know how jezza gets away with it, he was driving along with both hands off the wheel, eating, drinking etc!

Did love the F40 though, so much better than the porsche

....he was clearly breaking the speed limit on film as well....you here of people being prosecuted based on posts on YouTube....surely there is a potential issue for Jezza......not that his driving was particularly unsafe (apart from the hands off). Used the power of the car to overtake safe etc

....he was clearly breaking the speed limit on film as well....you here of people being prosecuted based on posts on YouTube....surely there is a potential issue for Jezza......not that his driving was particularly unsafe (apart from the hands off). Used the power of the car to overtake safe etc

I believe that the people that have been done for speeding because of their youtube video have displayed the speedo. Don't think a drive by clip that looks quick (because it is) is enough proof.
Know what you mean though, thin ice surely! Especially the power slide......."sorry officer, my foot slipped", yeah right!

I don't think he was don't forget they did the pretend ep and made the car sound like it was driving faster than it was(It actually sounded like a sexy petrol when infact it was a diesel)... I wouldn't be surprised if they used this tactic within the program itself