Thoughts on k-tec

Lots of good reviews for K-Tec but a few bad which puts me off, personally never seen any for RSTuning as others have said.

Another topic on ktec and the negative posts as always boasting a suspicious lack of any facts...

I haven't used them, but as they are very local I was considering getting, gearbox oil, clutch bleed and geo done there in the next week or so. Anybody got any actual facts and reasons why I shouldn't go there for those jobs (haven't even got a quote yet mind and might be stupid money)? PM if must but any quantifiable facts should surely be ok to state in the public domain?

Thanks.

You won't have any issues doing the aforementioned work mate. Mapping is where their weak point is..

Not remap related but I wish I hadn't ordered my new steering wheel & boss from them, ordered on the 27th March and still not got them. Could have had them on the car weeks ago if I'd ordered from another supplier :worried:

Not remap related but I wish I hadn't ordered my new steering wheel & boss from them, ordered on the 27th March and still not got them. Could have had them on the car weeks ago if I'd ordered from another supplier :worried:

if they cant supply in a reasonable time then cancel and go with those that can!

As a part supplier they're fantastic but I couldn't comment on their mechanical abilities.

All the rolling road figures I've seen have been far too high though.

I took my then quite new raider to them in July 2012 and found the service very good,the remap gave a extra 11 bhp on a very tight new engine.

Just been to ktec for a remap and I haven't got a bad work to say about them! Car feels so much better and so much more alive and I got a good figure out of the car! Happy days