Thinking about one.

michaelsyer

Gold Member
I currently driven a citroen c2 GT and im looking for a power upgrade with £5000 to spend im looking at a clio 197

If im aloud to post ebay links let me know and ill post one to the car that im looking at. Going to view next week. Can anyone let me know some things to look out for

You can post the car your looking at with an ebay link yep.

welcome to the forum! You won't regret one.

Hello and welcome.

You won't hear many bad words said about the 197 on this forum! They are cracking cars and it will be a great upgrade from the C2. The buyer's guide is very helpful and covers all the important things to look out for when viewing.

However, any questions you have, everyone will be happy to help.

Yeah the orange bits aren't the most appealing of mods, however each to their own :smiley:

An already modded car can be good if that's what you are after, however I would say that half the fun of modding comes from making changes yourself, that are personal to you.

IMO, a nice clean standard car is the best option and then you can make mods down the line if you decide you want to change things like the exhaust etc.

If you become a paid member, you will be able to view the For Sale section - there are usually a few cars for sale on here at any one time.

when viewing check the seats for any wear..the exhaust is sweet..very nice noise..have one myself and really like it...
also check the gearbox doesnt crunch..

Friend asked me to ask this, are their any problems with people easily stealing your clio because of the push start like the Ford focus rs/ st's?

bet you are referring to a video posted on FK lately...not heard of any stolen clios..touch wood..

I feel your pain............every van i look at that appears tidy enough has covered 150k+ waaaaay to many miles for a new work horse :worried:

Always the way though, want what you cant afford :worried:

Again though Michael if you can raise more funds then id suggest having a look at my motor because it a good deal with all the new bits, and i wouldnt be selling if i didnt have too..........

to me it looks like a good buy..the guy knows his stuff and by the look of it,it seems he is very honest about the car...
from the ad,he said that the center silencer was chopped out and replaced with a(guess a straight stainless steel pipe)..i'd ask about that and whether the car has any flat spot due to this..
maybe ask about the brakes,discs and pads...they might need doing..not overly expensive but i'd ask..