Think I need a new tyre!

Currently sat at the side of the m40 waiting on the RAC to get out here...

Was driving down the outside lane and the nsf tyre blew out and shredded!! Managed to pull into the hard shoulder easily and safely enough.

Went to change the wheel to the spare to discover the wheel nut wrench supplied by renault has been rounded out so won't grip the wheel nuts!!! Cool.

Here's a pic of how my tyre looks at the moment. It was technically legal albeit on about 2mm max but still decided to give out :-(

jeby7y4a.jpg

Last edited:
Yer im good just bored lol.

Not that I can see I managed to slow the car down and pull in quite rapidly considering I was in the 3rd lane.

I'll have a thorough check of it tomorrow probably. Hope it's ok can't afford a new wheel too lol

Lucky escape by the looks of it. Must have give you a bit of fright when it went.

As for the standard wheel bar they are all rubbish no matter what make of car you have. I carry a Draper Expert 600mm 1/2 dr Flex Handle bar (£17 from amazon) together with a 19mm draper expert impact socket in the boot at all times. Its never let me down and its had loads of use helping people out and changing wheels on my cars over the years.

Yer it did make me jump a bit, go for the over take and the tyre decides to do one lol.

Took me a second to react but escaped luckily :smile:

Good call on the bar...i am going to get my spare rachet bar from work and buy a new 17mm and keep thay in there in future

Tyre hunting next then lol...any decent ones about? I'll search the forums and get some ideas then decide if I can afford them hahaha failing that buy one budget for the time being and save up

Buy a good bar and a good socket. I bought a cheap one first time and it bent on first use! You should be able to get the draper expert bar and an appropriate socket for £25 delivered. They should last for ever too.

I've got a spare mac tools bar already so I'll just use that, its never failes on my yet and it gets some abuse through work haha

This is the thing I hate about my clio. If that happened to me, I'd be fooked as we don't have a spare wheel.

Thats true! It's not like you can just chuck one in (expect taking up space in the boot) the carrier for my spare is underneath and the wheel is held up by some weird cable and mechanical gizmo, I had to break out the manual to find out how to use it haha