the red baron progress

coming up to mot time again!

so the pads are getting changed tomorrow hopefully as they have seriously lost bite..

also going to clean the throttle body out - been surging slightly on a small throttle opening

plus a quick check over before it goes in next Wednesday for test
Don't forget to change the plates over this time before it goes in :wink:

new pads in and bedded in - what a difference! old pads must have seriously deteriorated due to age!!! a lot more bite from the pads

throttle body cleaned - idles slightly better - will have to see if it gets rid of the light throttle surging it sometimes does

mot done passed 100% - emissions test was way low on testable items!

they did a "free" health check...for some reason it was 100% :innocent:

also had the air-con re-gassed again - checked and couldn't find any leaks so far and it also held the vaccum before filling so no idea on that one yet :blink:

anyway just shy of 40k miles and 7yrs old :oops:

Told you! Why is it we think they will fail, when we spend so much time and piggy bank money on em!

the only real issue I have is that being forced redundant I don't have access to a ramp as such at the moment and checking the car over on
your back isn't that easy...or anything to check the emissions!

but regular maintenance does pay off

it has had new tyres / pads this year so its one less potential item to fail

yeh its been a good motor and early on in its life when I first got it was only used at weekends and was a bit pampered :lol:

now things have changed its my only motor and now the only item I actually own :rain:

most unreliable item has been the handsfree system with a door sensor and door handle needing replacement

others have been a door seal and an inner steering arm and of course the air-con which for some reason cannot find a leak as of yet!

and of course the air-con which for some reason cannot find a leak as of yet!

Is it? This is really interesting because I have exactly the same problem. Funnily enough I've got it booked for today with an air/con man to have a look at. I literally have to re-gas it every year and it doesn't even last that long (it stopped working months ago and I had it re-gas July last year), still they can't find a leak. Let's hope it will get sorted today, I doubt it...

Is it? This is really interesting because I have exactly the same problem. Funnily enough I've got it booked for today with an air/con man to have a look at. I literally have to re-gas it every year and it doesn't even last that long (it stopped working months ago and I had it re-gas July last year), still they can't find a leak. Let's hope it will get sorted today, I doubt it...

yep same as mine! the parts guy I know quite well there said they have had plenty of cars in where they cannot find the "leak"!

I know I don't use it a lot and sometime this can cause seals to go "dry" but when they test it theses only ever a small amount of gas in it - once
its gassed its quite cold for a clio :lol:

I've had mine regassed twice FOC by Renault. First time was after 8k when it started making loud whirring noises because it was empty. They cant find a leak and their kit says there isnt one. God knows where it goes. Cant be kind to the environment though!

also got a new steering wheel to fit - the old one has gone very rough and melted!!! so I got a really good price on a replacement so will hopefully
fit at the weekend :driveby:

Similar Thread Suggestions